+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by free2b_a_skwerl
    Are those you cats Maveno?
    No, they're broken_pryncess's from the post above mine.

I WISH I had pictures of my babies to post.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

LOVE the pet pics!!! Thanks, guys, for sharing your babies.

I dug up one of my favorite pics of our dog, Sibbie. She's a stray that my hubby rescued from the side of the freeway about a year and a half ago. She was flea-infested and had sores and abscesses on her, was very scared and snippy. Now she's a sweetheart and has eagerly taken her place in our family.

The pic makes me laugh because I caught her in the middle of a yawn so I think she looks like a dragon!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

That's an awesome picture Kelly! Wow, she looks skinny. Does she still look like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    That's an awesome picture Kelly! Wow, she looks skinny. Does she still look like that?
    Hi Mariner. She was really skinny when we first got her (and that's a part of my hand in the pic, so maybe it makes her look even smaller) but now she seems to be healthy and shiny. She is a bit on the slender side, though. Here's a more recent pic of her from this past summer. She loved biting at the waves when they'd hit the shore.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Adorable rump!

Maveno- what type of pets do you have?

Rump- funny picture of your doggie. It looks like he is screaming.

Chilean Rose Tarantula: Zeus is his name & he's over 3 yrs old.

Picture found here.

Maine Coon Cat: Kudo is his name, he's about 2 1/2.

Picture found here.

Tuxedo Cat: Kowboy is his name, he's the youngest (1 yr) and the biggest guy. He weighs approximately 13-14 lbs! Not overfeeding, he honestly ballooned at 6 months.

Picture found here.

Bombay Cat: Kizzy is her name, and she's going on 6 yrs old. She IS the queen.

Picture found here.

None of these pictures are mine..but they look almost identical to my pets, except mine are cuter.

How are tarantulas as pets? I've seen them in the pet stores, that chilean looks gorgeous I'm very intrigued
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

I actually love'm as pets. I've had tarantulas as pets for over 20 years. They are SO easy to upkeep..they're not noisy and the only thing they require is food (crickets) and water (tap is fine).
    Just be sure to keep a clean cage and have it big enough for him to roam around. Although you won't see him moving around A LOT, he will...when you're usually sleeping.
    I love watching them catch and eat the crickets..it's so cool to see how they operate.

I've had several different species of them over the years, the Chilean Rose Tarantula is probably the most common of the 'pet tarantulas'.. Zeus, the one I have now...was a XMas present about 3 years ago from my gf.
    I've also had this kind:

I think they're fascinating & beautiful! I've always loved spiders, to the dismay of friends and loved ones.

A roommate I had years ago had a tarantula for a pet....I never quite understood it, but she also had a boa constrictor, so she wasn't 'normal' anyway. That was 30 years ago, and we're still best friends. Between the tarantula and the snake, we made quite an impact on first-time visitors! It was always great fun to wait for the reaction when they would walk up to the terrarium things she had them in.....they'd get closer and closer to the glass, trying to peer inside to see what in the heck was in there......and then.....slowly.....they'd finally realize what they were looking at, and jump three feet backwards! I'm easily entertained.

Somewhere on here I've talked about the boa before....he used to get out all the time....we'd come home from work, and he'd be gone. We'd usually find him either a) coiled inside the fold-out couch, or b) behind the refrigerator, wrapped around the motor for warmth. Those were some exciting days!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread