+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1418Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

It was in the upper 90s here the other day, and a man was walking his boxer-type dog on a leash, and the poor thing was panting with his tongue hanging way down, and his head hung low. I asked the man if I could give his dog some water; her agreed. I snuck inside and grabbed my kitties huge bowl, filled it up and took it outside. I could have sworn that I heard that dog say, "Thank you so much, Lady!" I just wanted to smack the guy. If this non-dog person can see that the dog needed water, why couldn't the guy??? I snuck the bowl back into the house, washed it, filled it, and put it back before I had to be held accountable by my gurls!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

mrd I am so sorry about your friend's dog. The poor woman is getting all her drama at once, I hope she has some smoother sailing ahead.

misskitty That doggie is adorable. How nice of you to go through all that effort to find his owners. I'm sure he will be adopted right away, just look at that sweet face.

prhoshay I'm sure your gurls would have been soooo jealous if they had seen you give water to that strange dog. That was so kind of you. I often wonder if people like that dog owner are insensitive or just plain stupid.

MRD

Miss Kitty, he's a cutie, I hope bet he gets adopted or found soon. Bless you dear woman and shay too for giving that dog water. People sometimes just don't think I swear. But both of you get kudos for protecting the doggies.

I was sitting outside this morning and was thinking about my friend and Shadow and I started thinking about my Annie who's been gone now 9 years. Annie looked a lot like Shadow, o nly much taller! In another week she will have been gone 9 years. She was a GREAT dog. Not that the ones I have now aren't. Each dog (like each person) is unique in their own way. We had Annie before we had our daughter. Annie was such a good dog and so loving and I started crying thinking about her. I am such a wuss! I had to go back in and love on my 3 for a long time.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm notorious for feeding/watering strays in the neighborhood. I realize they aren't really "strays" but they are wandering around and it makes me so sad to see they don't have the love they need.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Miss Kitty, Shay and buglover - kudos to you for taking the time to take care of animals who need help.

Our dogs had us laughing tonight. We've been watching "Greatest American Dog" (on CBS on Thursday nights). It's a canine version of Big Brother. There was a darling JRT on there (MRD - maybe you and Bogie could try out for next season!) but he unfortunately got eliminated tonight. I know that Simon wouldn't have lasted ten minutes in that house.

Henry seems to seriously dislike a certain dog on this show. He snarls and growls and waddles his long self up to the tv when he sees that dog. I'm not sure why he gets so fixated on that dog but it's really funny to watch him attack the TV.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

doxie - Seriously - you really need to keep a camera handy -- I want pictures

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3143274;
    I was sitting outside this morning and was thinking about my friend and Shadow and I started thinking about my Annie who's been gone now 9 years. Annie looked a lot like Shadow, o nly much taller! In another week she will have been gone 9 years. She was a GREAT dog. Not that the ones I have now aren't. Each dog (like each person) is unique in their own way. We had Annie before we had our daughter. Annie was such a good dog and so loving and I started crying thinking about her. I am such a wuss! I had to go back in and love on my 3 for a long time.

Proof that our love never ends for our babies whom have gone on. I still cry and go for snuggles and hugs when I need them My 'gurls', totally, tolerate me (with the "Yeah, yeah, get it out.") demeanor. I still miss my Gail, so badly.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I too miss my beloved Snowflake. Our family pets just never leave our hearts, even when they leave this world.

Thank gosh I have my little furry kitts. I was missing my Baba something terribly last week and they were very willing to let me cuddle them something awful. My Baba would be smiling in heaven knowing that my sinister got herself a home and was no longer "living in my basement in the cold and dark"....a long big lie that lasted until the day my Baba died. My family did not want her to know my sinister had moved out and into an apartment. Dont' ask.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3144142;
    doxie - Seriously - you really need to keep a camera handy -- I want pictures
    How about a video?

Henry hates the theme song to "What Not to Wear." We captured him growling at it tonight and posted it on youtube. Do a search on "dachshund what not to wear." Keep in mind this is only 20 secs. long and our first attempt at posting a video, but we hope there are more to come. Henry likes being a star!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Henry's a star now.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread