+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1140Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3138591;
    Either something is bothering him and he needs a doctor or there is something different... Think woman THINK... what has changed?
    Nothing has changed. He is FINE during the day. It's only when we settle in for the evening and watch tv. He apparantly doesn't think we should watch tv I guess.

He does settle down when we go to bed. Maybe he's telling us it's time for bed?
    He's still his happy go lucky, goofy self. And he's not really distressed when he does this. It's like he wants something and we can't figure out what it is.
    When he does this, his tail is wagging, his eyes are bright and he has that big goofy grin on his face.

I need a dog psychic.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Wants to go for another walk? Sit with you and watch tv? Wants to get brushed?

When dozer does that, we interpret it as --

throw the ball, throw the ball, throw the ball, throw the ball, throw the ball, throw the ball, throw the ball, throw the ball, throw the ball, throw the ball, throw the ball, throw the ball ...

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;3138672;
    When dozer does that, we interpret it as --

throw the ball, throw the ball, throw the ball, throw the ball, throw the ball, throw the ball, throw the ball, throw the ball, throw the ball, throw the ball, throw the ball, throw the ball ...
    - That is good!

Yes I believe Waldo is really thinking to himself - "crazy 2 legged humans - you can't even figure out that I want________"

Joey sits and STARES at me - 1 of 3 things either brush, treats or what we call "stuff" (his furball remedy that he licks off the tube as I squeeze it), I hold one thing up while saying what it is and he doesn't move until I pick up the right thing. (who trained who?)

Thanks for posting the pics Newf! Your babies are adorable! I love big dogs!

Miss Kitty, Harmony would never ever try to get up on my shoulders. She was 5 when we adopted her, for giant dogs that is getting up there in years. ( Lifespan for mastiff's is 6 to 10 years) She is just not a jumping type dog. Plus she weighs 190 lbs. And she is SUPER aware of her size. If she thinks she is too big, then it ain't gonna happen.

I still cannot get her in the car. Not gonna happen. I have nightmares about trying to get her to the vet. I did talk to Doc and he said if it were an emergency he would come over though.
    Last edited by livin4reality; 07-20-2008 at 06:24 PM.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Joey sits and STARES at me - 1 of 3 things either brush, treats or what we call "stuff" (his furball remedy that he licks off the tube as I squeeze it), I hold one thing up while saying what it is and he doesn't move until I pick up the right thing. (who trained who?)
    Bjorn used to do that; Gustav still does. Their list is a little longer--go outside, go porch, food, treats, fresh (water), pets, tummy rubs, go upstairs (that was strictly Bjorn's, Gustav always fancied himself to be the 800-pound gorilla that could go where he pleased). Sometimes Gustav will thump his tail no matter what I suggest, but his ears will pop up when I guess correctly.

Thanks for posting the pics Newf! Your babies are adorable! I love big dogs!
    The other, lesser dogs just don't stack up to the big pups, do they?
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I just got home from vacation. I didn't leave until Thursday morning and got back this afternoon. The boys are following me everywhere I go since I got home. I think they missed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3138740;
    I just got home from vacation. I didn't leave until Thursday morning and got back this afternoon. The boys are following me everywhere I go since I got home. I think they missed me.
    Ya think? "Where'd you go and what did you bring us dad?"

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3138588;
    Ha, I just found out that a tropical storm just went North up the coast of SC and I didn't even know it. As badly as we need the rain, we didn't even get a drop here.

Waldo has taken to standing in the living room staring at us and making whining, yipping noises EVERY night while we watch tv. He has food, water, has been out. Won't come close to us to get petted. Just stands there like he expects us to DO something. Anything. We haven't yet figured out what the heck it is he wants.

I have resorted to telling him: "you're not Lassie, Timmy's not in the well, we don't even have a Timmy, so go lay down!"

Still doesn't help.

BT-glad Chico came back. I hate that feeling when they get away from you and go tearing off.

Sorry you didn't get any rain! I know that "wanting rain so bad it hurts' feeling!

My two thoughts for Waldo:
    Is the TV bothering him at other times? Like during the day? You might want to see if it does. If so, something might be wrong with the TV.

Two, have his heart checked out. When our lab Big Mac started new evening/night time pacing and being upset is was because of that.

I'm SO glad that Chico is home and safe. I know how scary it is when our little ones run/waddle away from home!

Miss Kitty - the stroller picture is great.

MRD - we need rain too (although Henry would disagree with that). Maybe tropical storm/Hurricane GUSTAV will give at least one of our yards some much needed moisture!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread