+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3137585;
    Good question!

As you can see in the pictures below, we attempted to measure him.

He wasn't all that fond of the measuring process, but we've decided that (inlcuding his very long nose and his very long tail), he is almost 30 inches long! He lives up to his name "Henry Waddlesworth Longfellow."
    If Henry stood on the tip of his tail, his nose would just barely peek out past Gustav's shoulder
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I would love to see a pic of your Gustav, Newf. My Harmony is 33 at the shoulder and a dainty girl she is. If you ever come up to NE Kansas you should stop by, it is right off the turnpike.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

He was about 1-1/2 in this picture. He is on the right as you look at the photo, Bjorn is on the left.

He's being lazy in this one--he could easily put his paws on my shoulders.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Handsome boys in that picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3137765;
    If Henry stood on the tip of his tail, his nose would just barely peek out past Gustav's shoulder
    That is hilarious! Great pictures! Did you know that "Gustav" is on the list of names for 2008 Hurricanes?
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

It's so funny, I know in my head that newf's are huge dogs, but it's still surprising to see how big they are next to people. Great pics, Newf.

Chico had an adventure last night. I stayed up much later than usual (2 am), and I decided to run the dogs outside for one last piddle before we went to bed. Well, there was a kitty outside and Chico chased after it and his retractable leash slipped right out of my hand. He goes tearing off after this poor cat, dragging the plastic leash holder behind him. Have I mentioned there's a large wooded area behind my apartment building? Well, poor kitty ran straight for those woods. I told Suki "Well, we may never see Chico again!" Against all odds, Chico came trotting out of the woods less than a minute later, and came running straight for me. I don't know if he got scared, or just wanted to come home and sleep, but I was SO happy to see him.

gabriel: When Joey jumps off his tree and lands on you, he's just trying to check to see if you have been working your abs properly!

doxie: Love the photos of Henry! He looks like he just had too much fun at that place. I wish someone would set up a course like that for kitties!

Newf: I love that photo of you and the boys. You should get an updated one with Gustav standing with his paws on your shoulders ...that would be wonderful!

brunette trixie: I'm so glad that Chico returned out of the woods safely; you never know what a cat has planned when it leads you into the woods...it's not always safe

livin4reality: Have you ever managed to get a photo of Harmony standing with her paws on your shoulders? Is she still growing?

My kitties have been so wonderful and patient with me. I have been gone for weeks, helping my twin sinister pack at her apartment, and then another week moving furniture from various houses. They have missed some of the nicest mornings, afternoons and evenings this summer because I have been away. I just come home and fall into bed.

I'm going to spoil them something silly this week so they get to the point where they can't stand me anymore. . Lots of brushings, treats, cuddles, massages, and maybe even a neighborhood carriage ride. I haven't had that thing out this summer yet.

f1_2.jpg
    Last edited by misskitty; 07-20-2008 at 01:29 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

This is adorable: Cat adopts abandoned baby red panda!
    What a great mom kitty

VIDEO: Cat Nurses Red Panda
    Last edited by misskitty; 07-20-2008 at 02:48 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3138131;
    That is hilarious! Great pictures! Did you know that "Gustav" is on the list of names for 2008 Hurricanes?
    Ha, I just found out that a tropical storm just went North up the coast of SC and I didn't even know it. As badly as we need the rain, we didn't even get a drop here.

Waldo has taken to standing in the living room staring at us and making whining, yipping noises EVERY night while we watch tv. He has food, water, has been out. Won't come close to us to get petted. Just stands there like he expects us to DO something. Anything. We haven't yet figured out what the heck it is he wants.

I have resorted to telling him: "you're not Lassie, Timmy's not in the well, we don't even have a Timmy, so go lay down!"

Still doesn't help.

BT-glad Chico came back. I hate that feeling when they get away from you and go tearing off.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3138588;
    Ha, I just found out that a tropical storm just went North up the coast of SC and I didn't even know it. As badly as we need the rain, we didn't even get a drop here.

Waldo has taken to standing in the living room staring at us and making whining, yipping noises EVERY night while we watch tv. He has food, water, has been out. Won't come close to us to get petted. Just stands there like he expects us to DO something. Anything. We haven't yet figured out what the heck it is he wants.
    I have resorted to telling him: "you're not Lassie, Timmy's not in the well, we don't even have a Timmy, so go lay down!"

Still doesn't help.

BT-glad Chico came back. I hate that feeling when they get away from you and go tearing off.
    Either something is bothering him and he needs a doctor or there is something different... Think woman THINK... what has changed?

+ Reply to Thread