Re: For animal lovers

gabriel! He was probably thinking, "why in the world are you in my way??!"
    Yup, with donuts!!

or "thanks for softening my fall"

MRD

Brunette Trixie,
    Waldo does that outside. We call it NASDOG.

Gabriel, that was so nice of you to provide Joseph with a cushy landing. I'm sure he really appreciated it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3131391;
    Nothing to do with anything, but I found a five-foot long snake skin yesterday at work. I am very glad that I didn't see the five-foot snake from which it came
    I would like to thank you for NOT posting a picture of that!

We had some AC work done last month and while the guy was here, he got a phone call from one of his co-workers. I heard "How big?" and "Is she okay" and then hysterical laughter.... So, I just had to go ahead and ask. Turns out that the co-worker had been working on a lady's AC and a 4 - 5 foot snake came slithering out from underneath it! The lady went nuts and was running around her yard screaming (as I would have been) and the co-worker was hiding in his truck because he was more scared of her than he was of the snake. Our AC guy then shared with us many charming tales of snakes that he has found coiled up IN and around Air Conditioners and (this is the part that really creeps me out) he informed us that snakes can get in your house through the ductwork......

Needless to say, I had him double check everything around here! I would probably die if I heard some snake slithering through the air vents. I can't even stand to watch them on tv!

Henry has recovered. He's "taken to his bed" today and hasn't moved in hours.

MRD - love the NASDOG!
    Last edited by doxie; 07-15-2008 at 07:41 PM. Reason: spelling
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

NASDOG!! Sounds like it could be a new TV show....

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3132618;
    I would like to thank you for NOT posting a picture of that!

We had some AC work done last month and while the guy was here, he got a phone call from one of his co-workers. I heard "How big?" and "Is she okay" and then hysterical laughter.... So, I just had to go ahead and ask. Turns out that the co-worker had been working on a lady's AC and a 4 - 5 foot snake came slithering out from underneath it! The lady went nuts and was running around her yard screaming (as I would have been) and the co-worker was hiding in his truck because he was more scared of her than he was of the snake. Our AC guy then shared with us many charming tales of snakes that he has found coiled up IN and around Air Conditioners and (this is the part that really creeps me out) he informed us that snakes can get in your house through the ductwork......

Needless to say, I had him double check everything around here! I would probably die if I heard some snake slithering through the air vents. I can't even stand to watch them on tv!

Henry has recovered. He's "taken to his bed" today and hasn't moved in hours.

MRD - love the NASDOG!
    Henry sounds like an older, very proper Southern lady with blue hair. Those are the ones that are always having to "take to their beds". (like my grandmother! )

We have a NASDOG track around the house. But at the start it's more like the Kentucky Derby as they race out the door and I yell: "their off!". (I just need one of those long horns so I can play the "do-doda-do" part before the horses run.

Rosie doesn't make it to the first turn. Bogie's in the lead heading into the first turn, but by the time they get to the final turn, Waldo is so far in the lead that it takes Bogie a full minute to catch up. At this point, Rosie is sniffing the infield. There is actually a "path" worn in the grass around the house where the boys run.

I swear some days WAldo's going to take my screen door off the hinges because he hits it before I get it open good and he's going flat out. He hates it when we have grilled because the grill is in the way of the starting line.

I think I need a checkered flag that I could wave in the backyard.

MRD

Did anyone catch the Jack Russell artist on CBS Sunday Morning this week?

All 3 of mine were in the room and when I found out that Tilly's work sells for $2,200 I told them all to get busy and there would be some choice cuts of beef to go with that kibble.
    So far the only "art" that's been created here was one of them yakked on the carpet in front of the fireplace and I found out that my daughter didn't pick up ALL the cinnamon redhots she spilled earlier. One of the 4 legged hoovers apparantly got some.

Anyway, check out Tilly and her art.

Tillamook Cheddar

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3132120;
    Does anyone know what almost 17 pounds of cat landing after flying from about 4 feeet above you feels like? OOOOF! Then he just looked at me like what???
    Yep-- Boo Boo, is right at that big and gets up on top of the sofa and jumps with all her weight on her front feet right onto my belly when I recline my seat. Really fun right after you eat

Phroshay, BooBoo will do things like 'sit' and 'Stand up" (on her rear end with front paws up) for the right treat. Apparently, she will also poopie in the box for one, also. She actually got in the box by herself this morning, but only after I went in there to check on her
    I know that she knows to get in there anyway, but whatever; she is an old kitty and if she wants an audience I can do it, until this whim passes anyway.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3133020;
    Yep-- Boo Boo, is right at that big and gets up on top of the sofa and jumps with all her weight on her front feet right onto my belly when I recline my seat. Really fun right after you eat

Do you ever wonder if those guys that go around telling everyone: "go ahead and punch me in the stomach as hard as you can" have practiced that at home with their big cats landing on them???

And what is up with those guys anyway? I find that "punch me as hard as you can thing" so funny, t hat I couldn't land a punch because I'd be laughing my butt off at them, no matter how tight those muscles are. They really take that stuff seriously too.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3133010;
    Did anyone catch the Jack Russell artist on CBS Sunday Morning this week?

All 3 of mine were in the room and when I found out that Tilly's work sells for $2,200 I told them all to get busy and there would be some choice cuts of beef to go with that kibble.
    So far the only "art" that's been created here was one of them yakked on the carpet in front of the fireplace and I found out that my daughter didn't pick up ALL the cinnamon redhots she spilled earlier. One of the 4 legged hoovers apparantly got some.

Anyway, check out Tilly and her art.

Tillamook Cheddar
    Ok. I am off to buy Simon and Henry some paint.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread