+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3130651;
    Well that just proves my point of who really trains WHOM???
    So true!

QueenB: I hope that BooBoo's potty issues are resolved soon!

Henry had a very traumatic Sunday. It was bath day! We bathe him in our upstairs bathroom and that's really the only time we use that tub unless we have company. So, he knows that when the water goes on in that tub, he is mostly likely going to be in there soon. He waddled off at top speed and tried to hide (which is always hilarious). His hiding place that day was under an armchair but he "forgot" his tail and we saw it sticking out from underneath the chair. I think that he doesn't realize how long he is!

So, we hauled him out, gave him his bath and put him in the yard to dry. Then, it started storming (and I was out of dryer sheets so still haven't tested that idea) and Henry hid again in his bed underneath his blanket which I had just washed the day before. He proceeded to puke all over it and then Mr. Doxie tried to take him outside (still raining) and he collapsed on the back porch in a dramatic fit and refused to move. Mr. Doxie lugged Henry's long, limp self out into the yard and he just stood there looking all pitiful. When they came back inside, Henry made a beeline for our bed, got under the covers and we didn't see him again until it was time for his dinner. I'm pretty sure that he is very glad that day is over!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Poor Henry
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Nothing to do with anything, but I found a five-foot long snake skin yesterday at work. I am very glad that I didn't see the five-foot snake from which it came
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3131222;
    So true!

QueenB: I hope that BooBoo's potty issues are resolved soon!

Henry had a very traumatic Sunday. It was bath day! We bathe him in our upstairs bathroom and that's really the only time we use that tub unless we have company. So, he knows that when the water goes on in that tub, he is mostly likely going to be in there soon. He waddled off at top speed and tried to hide (which is always hilarious). His hiding place that day was under an armchair but he "forgot" his tail and we saw it sticking out from underneath the chair. I think that he doesn't realize how long he is!

So, we hauled him out, gave him his bath and put him in the yard to dry. Then, it started storming (and I was out of dryer sheets so still haven't tested that idea) and Henry hid again in his bed underneath his blanket which I had just washed the day before. He proceeded to puke all over it and then Mr. Doxie tried to take him outside (still raining) and he collapsed on the back porch in a dramatic fit and refused to move. Mr. Doxie lugged Henry's long, limp self out into the yard and he just stood there looking all pitiful. When they came back inside, Henry made a beeline for our bed, got under the covers and we didn't see him again until it was time for his dinner. I'm pretty sure that he is very glad that day is over!
    Poor Henry. POOR POOR Henry.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3131391;
    Nothing to do with anything, but I found a five-foot long snake skin yesterday at work. I am very glad that I didn't see the five-foot snake from which it came
    *Shudders* Yikes. It probably gave you a moment to pause there.

Poor Henry! Has he recovered from the trauma yet?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3130552;
    Jeez, animals are weird. Boo Boo for some reason decided last week to start going #2 not on the litter box. (Thank GOd still peeing in it!) Therefore I have been putting her in the 'little room' at night while Im at work. So, I know she 'goes' early every morning, after I get home, but guess who gets trained? I go in the room and sit, and brush her and pet her, and then when it looks like anything is about to happen, sit her in the box and give treats after she performs. Now, every time she has to go potty, she still won't go in the box, but comes and gets me before squatting down, so I can put her in the box and give up the treat after.

Actually I can't figure out what might have caused this anyway, except that Boo Boo's recurrent eye infection came back around the time the litter box problem arose. The eye problem was taken care of ina couple of days, but I have to wonder if poopie on the floor is punishment for putting in eyedrops. If not, if it's because Boo Boo is starting to get old, or what. I'm just glad she only doeas it 1x a day.

Most interesting. I've never had to give a kitty a treat to get them to do anything. What about any other kitty parents? I've always thought as giving a treat as a dog parent thing. Kitties can be just so independent minded. I'm pretty sure the water pistol is not considered a treat...just one of my threats.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3131607;
    I've never had to give a kitty a treat to get them to do anything.
    That's because kitties do whatever THEY want.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

And you either "fall into step", or you don't...and lose your mind!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Poor Henry, bathtime is so stressful.

And I definitely think our pets train us as much as we train them. My newish dog Suki was waking up at first light (5:30am) and crying to go outside. Well of course I was taking her because I didn't want any accidents. One morning I was so tired, I slept through her whining, and guess what, no accident. When the alarm woke me up at 6:45am (a much more civilized hour), I had to wake her up for the morning dogs walk.

Suki has been having what I like to call "dalmatian" moments lately. At night when I'm watching tv or sitting at the computer, she will just start doing laps around my apartment. Bedroom to tv room to kitchen to front room to bathroom and back again. She does it for about five minutes and then she relaxes again. It's very funny to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3131666;
    And you either "fall into step", or you don't...and lose your mind!
    Along with your sanity and sometimes you get bruised. Joey jumped off the top "tray" of his tree last night onto daddy who was watching tv laying on the couch. Does anyone know what almost 17 pounds of cat landing after flying from about 4 feeet above you feels like? OOOOF! Then he just looked at me like what???

+ Reply to Thread