+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1418Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3126569;

Are you feeding him the same brand of food as his previous owner?
    It is the same food. His previous owner gave us a huge container of it. It's even in the same bowl. He just won't eat it. Finally, he drank some water though.

He may have gotten brave enough to come up the stairs but now he refuses to go down. I've done everything I can think of, even turned the light on for him, but he is terrified to go down. Big old baby. Eventually, he'll have to go outside.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Did you try making the kids laugh downstairs?

Yeah, that didn't work. My husband just half carried/have drug him down the stairs after he growled and snapped at my son. Fingers crossed this doesn't happen frequently.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3126784;
    Yeah, that didn't work. My husband just half carried/have drug him down the stairs after he growled and snapped at my son. Fingers crossed this doesn't happen frequently.
    Poor Dexter needs a few weeks to adjust.

lildago: Congratulations on adopting Dexter! He looks like one fine doggie! I expect he will need a reasonable amount of time to transition into your new home and routines.

Well, my new monster washing machine scared Mr. Tootles and Bella something silly! Mr. Tootles was skulking around very scared and I picked him up to see the water swirling in the front door and he didn't understand that at all. Freaked him out! Then Bella came around very gingerly, and I showed her the machine and she took right off after Tootles. I don't believe Gracie has noticed, or even cares about the machines.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Congrats on Dexter, he's a cutie. When we got our Mastiff she was 3 months old and scared of the stairs. I actually took her paws and showed her how to do them (oh yeah, it looked hilarious). She got the hang of them pretty quickly. Dexter will eat eventually, so try not to worry.

Dexter is a beautiful dog.
    ~Supernatural Addict~

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have a friend whose big dog refuses to walk on tiled areas because his feet slide out from under him. He would come to the office to visit, but he wouldn't pass the door.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3126751;
    It is the same food. His previous owner gave us a huge container of it. It's even in the same bowl. He just won't eat it. Finally, he drank some water though.
    Dexter is adorable!

We adopted Henry from a shelter and he didn't eat for the first two or three days that we had him. I asked the vet about it when I took him to get his shots and he said Henry would eat when he got hungry. The vet was right and now we have our hands full trying to keep Henry from eating everything that he can find.

Good luck with your special addition - I'm sure that he is very happy to have such a great home and that he'll get adjusted soon.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

I thought this was a great idea! A little girl in Oregon came up with it. It's FREE and it only takes a minute to click on the site, answer a trivia question. You can do it once daily and every click results in 20 pieces of kibble being donated to dogs and cats in shelters.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread