+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Miss Sashay has been under the bed all day, so it seems. I was out for most of the morning, but she was under there when I left and when I returned. She would not come when I repeatedly called for her, which is a bit unusual. I peeped under the bed, and there she sat, directly under where I lay. Eventually, she came out and gave me a couple of little vocal acknowledgments, and she went back under the bed instead of coming up to visit. Don't know what this is about, but it has happened before. Can't help but wonder if Miss Celie, the stalker, is behind it. She's been on the bed most of the day when she's not strutting around the house or sitting/laying in the window. Hate it when my babies behave abnormally.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I was cruising by a park today that has a bike/walking path. I saw this family out for a walk with their big ol' basset hound. Dad was carrying the dog over his shoulder. I guess he just pooped out.

Unklescott - That is hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3122455;
    I was cruising by a park today that has a bike/walking path. I saw this family out for a walk with their big ol' basset hound. Dad was carrying the dog over his shoulder. I guess he just pooped out.
    Gotta love those hounds! There is nothing in this world (aside from Henry) cuter than a Basset Hound puppy. Those long ears and giant feet... Ohhhh... When I took Simon to obedience school (HA - what a waste of money that was ) there was a Basset puppy in our class. She plopped her adorable, wrinkly little self down in the middle of the floor and refused to do anything. It was really funny. We ended up having our class with her just snoozing in the middle of the floor.

I'm glad that Henry isn't as big as a Basset Hound though. He only weighs about 20 pounds, but he is famous for dramatically collapsing in the middle of walks. He just keels over and refuses to move when he gets tired and one of us (usually Mr. Doxie) ends up lugging Henry's long self back to the truck or the house.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3122455;

Reminds me of Flash from The Dukes Of Hazzard.

That happened to my sister once with her Boxer. We were walking him and ran through a swarm of mosquitos. Instead of leaving, he was so freaked out he just fell over and refused to move. She had to carry him home and he was a big guy.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3122398;
    Miss Sashay has been under the bed all day, so it seems. I was out for most of the morning, but she was under there when I left and when I returned. She would not come when I repeatedly called for her, which is a bit unusual. I peeped under the bed, and there she sat, directly under where I lay. Eventually, she came out and gave me a couple of little vocal acknowledgments, and she went back under the bed instead of coming up to visit. Don't know what this is about, but it has happened before. Can't help but wonder if Miss Celie, the stalker, is behind it. She's been on the bed most of the day when she's not strutting around the house or sitting/laying in the window. Hate it when my babies behave abnormally.
    Miss Princess will do that alot if there have been people in the house she doesn't know. She likes to get into cupboards and stay there. We had a plumber come in and she hid for 3 days. Lately it has been the newborn next door crying that has her hiding to get away from the noise.
    Yup, with donuts!!

This morning, I enacted marshal law with the water pistol on Miss Celie, the stalker. She was relentlessly staking out my bed, and as long as she was determined, Miss Sashay was not coming up...and she sat where she could make sure to intimidate any cat coming up the steps leading to the bed. Not long after that, Miss Sashay came to claim her rightful place and time on the bed. I don't know what that was all about, but it was definitely between the two of them. Hopefully, "shift change" will be tonight, as usual.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I just thought about something...if cats don't have taste receptors for sugar, why do you think my kitty loves Crunch 'N Munch, but has no interest in regular popcorn?

Maybe the salt on the popcorn is displeasing to them? Princess won't eat human food other than tuna. She meows like she wants it but if you put it in her bowl, she'll leave it there.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I may have mentioned this before, but a great cat treat is Kitty Kaviar. It's gossamer thin dried Bonito shavings. The girls go nuts for it. Other than that and the odd occasional bits of raw tuna or ice cream, the girls are on a strictly regulated frozen raw food diet. It can be a royal pain, but by all accounts they should lead a long and very healthy life.

+ Reply to Thread