+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Suki and I had our first dog obedience class tonight. My perfect Suki was behaving aggressively towards the other dogs. I was shocked! So the instructors gave me a water bottle to spray on her when she would lunge at other dogs or growl. It really worked, thank goodness. She does all the commands perfectly though, not that I can take much credit for that. She knew, heel, sit, quiet, and down when I adopted her.

I was hoping that the class would wear her out a bit, but I'm the exhausted one and she's still playing with her toys. lol.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If she's in a good mood when she gets home, sounds like she's going to do well in the class! Keep us posted!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3093879;
    Where queenb? At the grocery store or drug store?
    Sorry, I failed to see this earlier. You might have to call around a bit, but it's often in stores that carry pickling supplies, and i've also got it at the drug store. Another remedy for pets that you can get at the old timey drug store is for skin conditions--powdered sulfer, mixed in regular Crisco (as much as you can get into the Crisco and have it still creamy) for most any skin conditions other than true mange--good for dogs and horses, much better than the expensive kind.

Brunette txixie,
    I think Suki is just confused. I bet she does better next time, but good luck getting her tired those Damnations can be extremely active. (yes, I know... )
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

We take Henry to PetCo to get his nails clipped. It's fairly inexpensive. About a year ago, they did cut one of Henry's nails too short and it bled and he was NOT happy.

PetCo has two doors. One is for the store and the other is for the grooming area where the nail clipping is done. Henry knows the difference between these doors. He falls over in a dramatic fit in the parking lot when he realizes that he is headed to the grooming area and he refuses to move. Mr. Doxie ends up carrying Henry into the grooming area and then the howling begins when Henry gets handed over to the nail clipper person. He acts like he is being killed. When we FINALLY get home, Henry continues to act like he has been mortally injured until we break out the food! That seems to make him forget the trauma of the nail clipping.

Happy belated birthday to Mr. T! Cute pictures.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

queenb - No, they didn't mention anything about if the bird had feathers or not. Thanks for the info.

Gut - OK, I have to admit the cat/Nair story had me laughing. I think it's the visual that has me going. And the nail clipping thing - yeah, been there/done that. That's why I have the vet trim all nails now.

IMG_17.jpg

SCARS - the Second Chance Animal Rescue Society, is the organization that helped foster Lexi and her sibling kittens when they were rescued from the wild. They have organized a fundraiser called Phantom of the oPAWra to raise money. They are a dog rescue society, but take in cats and kittens when their sister foster care organization SNAP, Spay and Neuter Animal Protection, are overwhelmed with felines. Mr. Tootles and his family were saved by SNAP. Click to watch their video. It's haunting. I hope they are very successful! I plan to help out if I can.

SCARS Phantom of the oPAWra Event
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

It's been 30C the last couple of days and very hot and humid inside and outside. Poor Gracie was trying to catch some z's when I interrupted her.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

She's sooooooo cute.

What a pretty little girl Gracie is and so very photogenic.
    CYA

Gracie has the most gorgeous green eyes! They just sparkle when she's laying in the grass!

Now, speaking of cute....here's my baby. Her nosie, and toesies get all bright pink when she's hot.

+ Reply to Thread