+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

Cute Miss Kitty. Happy Birthday Mr. Tootles.

Oh, how much I love stepping in dog yak on the carpet in the middle of the night. Why do they have to leave us these gifts?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Still my favorite Mr Tootles pic.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Happy Birthday to Mr. Tootles! Oh my gosh, misskitty, what a cutie-pie!

Chloe brought another birdie through the kitty door today, but thankfully, this one came up unharmed. Just a little wet, and a lot scared. I scooped the little bird up and took him back outside. Before I let him go, I sat with him, and gently pet (petted ?) his little head, apologizing for the trauma he just lived through. What a sweet little bird.

I'll take the gigantic beetles over a bird any day.

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;3089595;

Chloe brought another birdie through the kitty door today, but thankfully, this one came up unharmed. Just a little wet, and a lot scared. I scooped the little bird up and took him back outside. Before I let him go, I sat with him, and gently pet (petted ?) his little head, apologizing for the trauma he just lived through. What a sweet little bird.
    Poor bird.......he was lucky to have you there lopevian!!

ETA.....Happy Birthday to Mr. Tootles
    CYA

I just found out by watching the Discovery channel that it's an old wive's take that if you touch a baby bird, it's mother won't take care of it any more. It was on Dirty Jobs, believe it or not. I can't tell you how many baby birds I just left on the ground when I was a kid because I thought I would be doing it more harm than good. All those poor birdies!!!

Happy birthday, Mr Tootles! Gustav and I send big slobbery kisses

In the second picture, Mr T looks like he's waiting to be hitched to a sled and take off on an Arctic adventure
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3091830;
    Happy birthday, Mr Tootles! Gustav and I send big slobbery kisses

In the second picture, Mr T looks like he's waiting to be hitched to a sled and take off on an Arctic adventure
    As if cats would EVER condescend to pulling a sled in the arctic. That whole mental picture is funny right there.

Only dogs are dumb enough to do that! And I have the lead dog right here for it too, although I wouldn't be dumb enough to ride a sled with Waldo pulling it!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

What a day with animals I've had! I'm leaving EARLY tomorrow for a week and really wanted to clip my dog's nails before I left. Third nail in I went too close and he started bleeding all over the place. Of course he wouldn't let me finish and I don't blame him, but it meant an extra load of bedding laundry once I got it stopped. Then I decided to Nair my legs so I wouldn't have to worry about shaving while I'm gone and I had a full slather on and went out to check the clock and my siamese cat brushed up against me - side and tail. I soaked a wash cloth and went after her and got her side, but it freaked her out and she shot away before I got her tail... then DING! Time to get it off. So after a quick shower I went after her again and all this hair came off her tail. I feel like the worst pet owner in the world.
    Count your blessings!

I feel like the worst pet owner in the world.
    (A) Everyone nips the quick once in a while.
    (B) The Nair-on-cat story is one that you will tell for years
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That reminds me, I've been meaning to ask if anyone has had any experience with that Peticure tool that is advertised on television?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread