+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1428Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;3085470;
    I have to save Ella from Greta every few days.

I have to save Gracie from Lexi every now and then too! Mr. Tootles takes care of himself pretty well.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Beautiful photos, MissKitty & UncleDavid. What beautiful cats you both have.

Attachment 24790
    Isn't she cute? Well, this little cuite-pie killed a bird yesterday, and brought it through the kitty door. I'd forgotten "the bearing of gifts" chapter of Cat 101. At least for the poor little bird's sake, the end was obviously instantaneous.
    Last edited by lopevian; 10-06-2008 at 01:09 PM.

One of my cats has taken to catching (and bringing inside to me as a trophy) insects that make a buzzing noise. It's tucked away in her closed mouth, buzzing away . She's done it twice this week and likes to bring them in during the darkest of night and when I'm fast asleep. Scares the beejeezus out of me! My other cat used to do the same thing but he hasn't done it in a long time. I really hope she gets the point across that I'd rather not have these kinds of gifts

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

That is awful, ArchieComic Fan! The good news is, they do outgrow it. I remember years ago having a huge beetle dropped on me in the middle of the night. That is not fun!

I can picture it now ACF.

So I gave Harmony a good brushing. She had a tasty bone (gone in about 3 minutes) and we took a nice long walk. She is still looking at me with those sad eyes just wanting to have a good cuddle on the couch. But she is outta luck as the cat has jumped up in my lap..
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Mr. Doxie cleaned out his closet today (entire horror story on Koffee Klatch thread) ane he found about eight rawhide bones hidden in his closet. Henry went nuts when he saw all of those bones. NOW I know what Simon did with the bones that we bought for both dogs for Christmas. Henry grabbed one of the bones and took it under the bed and he's been under there gnawing on it off and on since then. Simon took all but one of the other bones and re-hid them. There is probably a nasty chewed up bone under my pillow. I'm very glad that the dogs don't bring me bugs though!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Yeah, the "gifts" that cats leave are not fun. My cat Tina brought a half dead, but still very half alive, full-grown rat up to the porch late at night awhile ago. I heard all kinds of crashing around & thumping. It scared me, I had no idea what was going on. Gross!

But she has brought many moles, mice, shrew type things, lizards & birds as well. The dead male cardinal was really sad, they are one of my favorite birds.

Princess likes to leave me a little throw up right in front of my bedroom door whenever she coughs up a fur ball. Nothing like going to the restroom in the middle of the night and stepping in that!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I've been so busy I was unable to post that Mr. Tootles just had his birthday and turned 5 years old!

Mr. Tootles!!

Then:

Now:
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Adorable, both times! Gail looked a lot like that, always in a state of perpetual "bad hair day"!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread