+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Uncle David: Beauooootiful kitties....so very pretty! I love how Greta's white whiskers constrast against her face. I didn't know that Lil'Bit has golden eyes; just like Lexi! And I see what looks like a long fluffy tail. Lexi would be jealous. Or not.

The other pet owners who have Lexi's brothers, sisters and mom and I may all bring our critters in for a reunion at the PetSmart they were adopted from. I hope they would all get along and remember each other. Does anyone know if sibling cats know their family members through smell? I would hate to see them fight. And worse yet, I'd hate to see Lexi want to go home with someone else's kitty so she's with family. I would be devestated if she didn't love me anymore.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I've often wondered the same thing about my cat. She was a wild cat and came into the shelter with her brother who was really bad. He hissed and scratched far worse than Princess did. I wonder if she would know him if she came across him.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I should look into a reunion with Greta, Ella and Charlie.

So adorable!! Love the face!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3084246;
    Uncle David: Beauooootiful kitties....so very pretty! I love how Greta's white whiskers constrast against her face. I didn't know that Lil'Bit has golden eyes; just like Lexi! And I see what looks like a long fluffy tail. Lexi would be jealous. Or not.

The other pet owners who have Lexi's brothers, sisters and mom and I may all bring our critters in for a reunion at the PetSmart they were adopted from. I hope they would all get along and remember each other. Does anyone know if sibling cats know their family members through smell? I would hate to see them fight. And worse yet, I'd hate to see Lexi want to go home with someone else's kitty so she's with family. I would be devestated if she didn't love me anymore.
    A friend of ours has Bogie's sister. Almost everytime we got them together after she took her's home, they fought. And Rosie would fight too and this was her puppy. I think they forget after a time.

Our neighbors just went through that with a litter they had this spring and a friend brought her puppy back over to visit and the other puppies attacked it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Just adopt brothers and you don't have to worry about it.
    Great picture Uncle David.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3085023;
    Just adopt brothers and you don't have to worry about it.
    Great picture Uncle David.
    I have a question for Unklescott - Do the boys ever get into a knock down drag out fight that you need to break up?

When Mom & Dads Missy Bassett was alive, her and the cat Max would be nose to nose, max growling Missy growling then argh argh argh - Mom & Dad would have to distract before they really got into it.

They do get going pretty good sometimes and I have to yell at them. They take turns being the aggressor so it's not like Hardy is beating on little Laurel all the time. Laurel does have a hiding spot that Hardy can't get his fat butt in so he has his safe place if need be.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I have to save Ella from Greta every few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3085075;
    They do get going pretty good sometimes and I have to yell at them. They take turns being the aggressor so it's not like Hardy is beating on little Laurel all the time. Laurel does have a hiding spot that Hardy can't get his fat butt in so he has his safe place if need be.
    Our dogs aren't biologically related but they fight quite often. Henry is very vigilant about keeping up with where Simon is and what he is doing because he's been attacked so many times. I've been chewed up several times when I tried to rescue Henry. This week though, Mr. Doxie is away on business and we decided to board Simon at the vet because Mr. Doxie is the only person who can control grouchy old Simon.

Henry was really enjoying his vacation from Simon (and from Mr. Doxie's pager that he is terrified of) until this morning. Henry had been outside and when I let him in, I noticed that he smelled HORRIBLE. It wasn't a skunk odor - just a very bad, warm dog (or hotdog in his case) smell.... EWWWW. So, I chased him down in an attempt to wrestle his long self into the bathtub. He hid under the bed and whimpered until I gave up. I had some lavender scented water that I got as a birthday gift and I ended up luring him out from under the bed with a piece of cheese and then spritzing him with the scented water while he ate the cheese. He smells "right purty" now but he's more than slightly ticked off at me!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread