+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Chlloe thanks you misskitty and queenb, and so do I!

Misskitty, the pictures of the baby pandas are adorable. They're so tiny and precious.

gabriel, forgot to say ...I get that look if I come near her blankie. She's very possessive of it.
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;3069032;

gabriel, forgot to say ...I get that look if I come near her blankie. She's very possessive of it.

Don't go near the blankie!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Punkin likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

That picture is priceless, gabriel. Mona certainly knew a thing or two about "the LOOK". She was so beautiful.

Thank you. Something tells me that Chloe is going to be mastering that look for this generation...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3068541;
    look, everybody--1000 pages of animal love here!

Misskitty, I thought about you last night. I saw a stray kitty in my neigborhood that looks just like Mr. Tootles. His face is shaped the same and everything--same size, color, everything. . Of course I stopped my car and called "Tootles" .
    Awww. That was so kind of you to think of us! Well, Mr. Tootles has learned how to jump up onto the short fence and down the other side into the neighbors yard and out to the front yard. It only took him 3 years to figure it out. But now, if I leave his leash off, he just disappears as soon as I look the other way. It used to be safe to let him wander the yard as he couldn't jump a fence to save his soul. But now I have to hook him up, and he's not that happy about it. I think I even got "The Look" today!

queenb: I always call "kitty kitty" to any kitty I see. I think it's their birth name before they are human-named.

gabriel: Sounds like Mona has some competition going with Chloe!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

misskitty, what makes you think mother cats don't name their babies just like we do???

Saw a cartoon once where the college kids were having a pep rally. One of the kids said, "Somebody go get Billy." The goat, in a thought bubble, said "I don't know why everybody always calls us Billy. My name's not Billy. It's Paul!"
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

That's funny, prhoshay!
    For all of you who were discussing hummingbird feeders a while back--the birds are through nesting now and the new birds as well as the old ones neesd to start fattening up to go back to South America this Fall (the summer solstice tomorrow and days beginning to shorten afterward lets them know!)
    So even if you bought a feeder and gave up on it, try it again now and see what happens. I never saw a hummingbird in my yard at all this year although I've kept one feeder out, but now they are everywhere--I filled up the other five little feeders this morning and all are busy.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3069918;
    Awww. That was so kind of you to think of us! Well, Mr. Tootles has learned how to jump up onto the short fence and down the other side into the neighbors yard and out to the front yard. It only took him 3 years to figure it out. But now, if I leave his leash off, he just disappears as soon as I look the other way. It used to be safe to let him wander the yard as he couldn't jump a fence to save his soul. But now I have to hook him up, and he's not that happy about it. I think I even got "The Look" today!

queenb: I always call "kitty kitty" to any kitty I see. I think it's their birth name before they are human-named.

gabriel: Sounds like Mona has some competition going with Chloe!
    Oh yeah - I think it's being passed on for another generation
    - The Dean Martin Show -

MRD

Is it possible for a dog to catch something from a human?

We've had a week around here. Everyone has had upset tummy. It started with my husband earlier in the week and as he has the stomach of steel, it's rare that he has upset tummy. It's progressed to me, then my daughter and now Waldo.

As all 4 of us have eaten different foods, it can't be the food. Waldo is eating the same kibble he always eats and no people food. Poor guy had 2 accidents in the house yesterday and he hasn't had one of those in months and not to get too graphic, but these were BAD accidents. The not easily cleaned up kind. We now need to rent a carpet steamer. I took him out frequently and dosed him with kaopectate and he is fine now. He never acted sick, but boy was his tummy upset, as was all of ours.

I had been attributing ours to some bug because like I said, it hit us all on different days and we had all been eating different foods and then it hit Waldo. So is it possible we passed a bug on to the dog? And now I'm worried about Rosie and Bogie as they have very delicate stomachs to begin with. I am not looking forward to having to clean up any more messes.
    At least theirs wouldn't be as big as Waldo's, but still.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I don't think humans and canines or felines can pass anything back & forth. Probably the weather and coincidence. But I'm not the expert here. Is there a vet in the house?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

+ Reply to Thread