+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

LOL I love kitties. Mine is 18 years old. He ends up in some funny places as well....when he was younger he would run up the curtains and sit on the curtain rod. It was about eight feet high. Now he likes to sit on the couchtable and he looks like a statue.
    Fifty-five degrees? I put a sweater on after it hits 73. LOL

I wish someone could take a picture of me when I'm on-line. I have 3 Maltese dogs...2 have to be held when I'm at the computer. They lie butt to butt on the desk. Missy's head goes across my left arm and Abby's head goes across my right. It's so sweet.

toothdoc

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by ToothDoc
    I wish someone could take a picture of me when I'm on-line. I have 3 Maltese dogs...2 have to be held when I'm at the computer. They lie butt to butt on the desk. Missy's head goes across my left arm and Abby's head goes across my right. It's so sweet.

toothdoc
    thats does sound like a kodak moment. too bad you can't get a picture of that. that sounds like it would be an "ahhhhhhh" moment too.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG
    My first question is, how long does being in heat last?
    It really depends on certain things to be "clinically correct", such as the environment and geographic factors (temp & daylight hours), age and overall health of the female going into heat.
    It can be several days in a row, even up to 2 to 3 weeks. Sometimes, in which I've experienced.. she won't even come OUT of being in heat. They'll continue being in heat until they've bred.
    Safe to assume that you're going to endure this the whole babysitting time period. Oh joy.

And secondly, should we let her go outside before the neighbors come back? We didn't discuss any of this before they left on their vacation. They should be back by New Year's eve.
    Absolutely not! She could trek far away in search of a mate, or even get 'gang raped' by many male cats who smell her. Trust me, they can get really injured and you don't need that to worry about.

Sorry about the constant whining you're hearing. It's not fun, and I definitely feel sorry for you.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Absolutely not! She could trek far away in search of a mate, or even get 'gang raped' by many male cats who smell her. Trust me, they can get really injured and you don't need that to worry about.

Sorry about the constant whining you're hearing. It's not fun, and I definitely feel sorry for you.
    I've mentioned this in some thread a while ago, but years ago, my cat got out while in heat, and I couldn't believe how lucky I was that she didn't get pregnant. Phew! Sometime later, she had two kittens in the silverware drawer......true story. DON'T LET HER OUTSIDE.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Here is my little sugar! He is 18.

Marley- he's gorgeous! I want to reach right through the screen and pet him. He's 18 in people years? That's really old for a cat.
    Count your blessings!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Marley, how TOTALLY sweet!! I absolutely LOVE older pets!

Thanks for sharing!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Marley- he's gorgeous!
    Aww thank you!!
    I want to reach right through the screen and pet him.
    LOL He's very friendly, loves attention.
    He's 18 in people years?
    Yes. I have had him since he was a kitten. We both were little. I asked my vet how old is the oldest cat she has in her practice and she said 23!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Marley, how TOTALLY sweet!! I absolutely LOVE older pets!

Thanks for sharing!
    He's not older, he's a fine distinguished gentleman!

+ Reply to Thread