+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: What is your favorite fragrance?

What is your favorite fragrance?

For 8 years I wore only Tova and got lots of compliments. People would come up to me and ask what I am wearing. I think they do not sell that anymore on QVC

Now I have miscellaneous bottles of stuff. They are ok, but I do not think any of it really stays on me.

What is your favorite?
    You can do it!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: What is your favorite fragrance?

Bacon! But only when the scent is fresh. Stale bacon odor lingering in the kitchen an hour after you've eaten it smells kind of nasty.

I don't wear a lot of perfumes. I get a headache often from them. The only scents I'll wear are body sprays. I haven't gotten a favorite one yet.

A friend of mine gave me a peach and rose bath set once that had bubble bath, moisturizing lotion, hand soap, and body spray in the same scent and it was very nice.
    Lizard likes this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

My all-time favorite (and the one for which I get the most compliments) is Comme Une Évidence by Yves Rocher.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

My all-time favorite is Yardley's Oh! de London (a fixation from my youth, I guess). I'm not the only one, as I've found several threads online with people obsessing over it, and old bottles of it on eBay go for quite a lot. Tuvache reintroduced it a few years ago - and I have a bottle - but it's nothing like the original.

I wore Shalimar for a while, and then Anais Anais. I don't usually wear any perfume now.

My mother always wore Woodhue by Fabrege. I loved it and wore it for many years until Fabrege stopped making their three popular scents for women. I searched for a new favorite fragrance for years until I was bemoaning the loss of Woodhue in front of the right person and they told me it is one of the discontinued fragrances carried by Vermont Country Store catalog. They carry a number of old favorites like White Shoulders, Emeraude and Wind Song. If you have a favorite discontinued fragrace you might try to look for it here: Discontinued Perfumes & Body Powder at The Vermont Country Store.

My favorite fragrance to perfume my bathrooms is Splendor in the Bath by Romantique.
    Ellen likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Opium- Yves Saint Laurent

Red Door Revealed is my favorite. I get quite a few compliments on it.

I really like the bath and body works stuff. Its inexpensive, its not to strong, and there are a lot of varieties of scents. I like the clean crisp scents. My favorite right now is White Citrus. Japanese Cherry Blossom and Paris Amour are two that I get compliments on a lot.

Imari by Avon is the perfume I got the most compliments on. More men then ever complimented me on it. Funny thing is, I didn't order it for myself and I didn't like it. But I was out of perfume and had a huge bottle of it so I went ahead and wore it. Got complimented on it twice the first time I wore it. Just about every time I wore it I got complimented by someone. I never have ordered more just because I never liked it.
    Kip likes this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

To me one of the hard things about picking a frangrance is that some perfumes smell different on me than they do in the bottle. Something about how they react to my chemistry makes the scent change. I love the smell of Navy perfume but when I put it on me, it smells like salty sweat--really repellent! That's one of the reasons I wear body sprays more. They seem to just drift on the skin instead of mixing with your own body chemistry so they smell on you like they smell in the bottle.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Nobody on the perfume boards thought the Vermont Country Store version matched the original. But I just remembered that someone had mentioned that someone on etsy is selling vintage perfumes in small decants, and several people were going to order it. Just went and checked and the people who bought it were ecstatic to finally get some of that scent again. So I just ordered some. I don't know if I'll wear it - I may just take a whiff out of the bottle whenever I need a fix.
    Punkin likes this.

I remember Charlie perfume being all the rage when I was younger. This thread made me wonder if it's still around so I checked online and sure enough, it's still available.

I used to love the Enjoli commercials when I was a kid. My sister and I would sing along to it when it came on, acting like little vamps. lol!

Christina: I can bring home the Bacon!
    Chorus: Enjoli.
    Christina: Fry it up in a Pan!
    Chorus: Enjoli.
    Christina: And Never, Never, Never let you forget You're a Man!
    'Cause I'm a Woman!
    Chorus: Enjoli!
    Punkin, CantGetNuf, Lizard and 1 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast