+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: What is your favorite fragrance?

Re: What is your favorite fragrance?

I love perfumes and wear different ones every day depending on my mood. My favorite daytime/anytime scent is Light Blue by D&G. It smells exactly like Southern Italy and reminds me of being on the Amalfi coast when I wear it.

Another that I truly love but wear on special occasions only is Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel. You can definitely tell that this is a higher quality perfume. It lasts longer and I get more compliments/comments when I wear this than any other fragrance.

I also have in my arsenal - Gold by Donna Karan, Black by Kenneth Cole, Amarige by Givenchy
    Lizard likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

I think i am revisiting my perfumaholic days of the 90s. I wore many things and got many compliments (Eternity, Guess, Allure, Ellysium, Magi noire, Tuscany per donna, Amariage). I practically made no money when i was buying and wearing all these costly fragrances. But they made me feel so feminine and in fashion.

There are so many take offs on scents these days that are confusing. In the 90s i could embrace a scent and love it. When i started making more money in my thirties i wore tova (on qvc). Men and women would come up and ask me what i was wearing. And it was so clean. I wore that for eight years and no other fragrance. They changed the fragrance. I had a friend who sold Avon. I switched to a brief period where i bought all her stuff. Purchased a couple of high end stuff but did not like it or the Avon. Coco was good at the counter but not on me. I purchased Queen by queen Latifah, loved it, got many compliments on it, and associate it with the time my husband was courting me (when i wax beautiful) .

Yesterday i organized my perfume counter, threw out the Avon, sale perfumes that were not quite right and bad ideas. I have kept Queen, last bit of Lancome 's Miracle, RAlph Lauren's Notorious, jessica MCClintock (better as a romantic idea than in actuality), one of the Escada's, and Lancome's Ode Lorangerie. Alot of that was purchased in the post Tova trying to find my signature scent again.

Yesterday i bought Sephora's Atelier cologne, Vanilla Intense. The most i have ever paid for a cologne ($125). I think i can marry it now and quit shopping i am 48,blessed to have seen these decades and love recalling my fragrance whoredom. I associate the scents with youthful or romantic times........and now i feel all glamorous smelling like a bakery......hoping the new fragrance will be a signature one.
    Last edited by Lizard; 01-28-2014 at 07:44 AM.
    You can do it!

In the 90's I was up to my eyeballs in raising small children. Perfumes/colognes weren't even on my radar. If I didn't smell like puke I considered it a plus. My favorite frangrance back then was a clean shower.

I've found that there's a time when you go from young, single & stylish. Where you know all the latest everything: clothes; scents; hairstyles; bands; films, to being out of touch with everything except child related stuff: Barney; Disney movies; toys; kids' songs, etc.

Now I'm enjoying real storebought fragrances.
    Lizard and inthegarden like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My son ADORED how I smelled. We were riding down the street one day, he was about 4, he grabbed my arm and said, "You smell SO good!" It was my Perry Ellis. I don't think I've ever been so flattered!
    Ellen and Lizard like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567