+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: What is your favorite fragrance?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: What is your favorite fragrance?

I love, love, love Eternity and, last I checked, it really smelled good on me. When I switch scents, I usually stay with the new one for years. Liz, I wouldn't worry what MEN liked. I think as long as YOU like/love the way a scent smells on you, it will work for whomever is around you. If it doesn't, I say a great scent also can chase the goonies away....male OR female! I used to wear a male scent (Aramis) in high school; girls and guys LOVED it. There was another male scent I would wear that the guys really liked. I just happened to run across these bottles, and the price was right....free!! I got excellent use out of them! Thanks to whomever didn't want them!
    Lizard likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

That's funny about wearing a men's cologne; it makes sense to me.
    I have a very sparse collection - Eternity, and CK One and Be. I mostly wear scented lotions instead of sprays. My favorite right now is just 'drugstore stuff' Johnson's Lavender and Chamomile lotion. I also like Philosophy's Pure Grace because it smells so clean it's almost soap-like. For candles at home, I like clean linen or sage. Pretty boring. But after reading upthread about fig, I am on the lookout for that scent to check it out.
    remember to play

If you're trying to turn men on, scientific studies (!!!) have found that pumpkin pie spice is what they find the most attractive. You can't make this stuff up.
    Punkin likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I have a brown sugar and fig lotion from Bath and Bodyworks that is pretty nice. I keep it in the kitchen. It's not girly and works for men and women, alike. It's not too strong and when I use it, I keep going back to my hands to smell it. I didn't think I liked it, at first, but I have changed my mind. January is my month to visit Bath and Bodyworks; the have the best sales then! Luckily, it's not super-close to me or I'd be in there much more often.

I am not a fan of food smells in candles or on my body. I don't really consider fig a food smell, but I do like apple.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have a few that I like and I like to vary my choices, but my all time favorites is an oldie, Bellodgia by Caron. It's a little hard to find now, but I have found it and ordered it online.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I tend to have a "signature scent". When people smell it, they know that I am here! I've been told that even my gurls smell like me. Too much cuddling, I guess.

I can't wear scents anymore because MrCoz is highly allergic. When I did, I found that musky scents worked better on me than anything else. In Jr. High I wore Love's Musky Jasmine. I got compliments on that all the time, and then they quit making it.

The other scent I got complimented on a ton was when I used Finesse hair products. I always was told my hair smelled great and asked what it was. Sadly my skin is so sensitive I had to switch to different (more expensive) hair care products just for my scalp. It's been 20 years since I could use Finesse. Last year I hugged a friend I only get to see once a year. Her hair smelled so great. I asked her what it was - Finesse!

Now that I'm allergic to floral scents I use fruity smells for hand, shower and kitchen soaps.

One of the best scents I ever smelled on anyone was a customer that went through my checkout line. She smelled heavenly. I asked her what it was, which made her worry it was too strong. It wasn't then, but I wonder now if it would bother me. Anyhow, it was Chanel #22.
    CantGetNuf likes this.

When I was in high school I had a friend who wore Jovan Musk. Every single time she used the restroom she put some on. She had a severe paranoia of not being clean enough after using the restroom so she would just keep piling on the musk. It finally got where I couldn't stand the smell of musk. If she said she was going to use the rest room I would beg her not to put any perfume on. She would beg me just as hard to let her put more on. At the time I didn't understand OCD. I am still not a huge fan of musk but there are a few light ones that I have found nice.

Finesse shampoo and conditioner!! OMG how did I forget how much I loved the smell. We all used it at our house but I remember the smell from my mom mostly. When I would smell it on others I would immediately recognize it because it smelled like my moms hair. Thanks for the memory justCoz!
    justCoz likes this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

I was never a fan of Jovan Musk but I wore a vanilla musk that was very light and I always got compliments on it. The older I get the worse my allergic reaction to fragrances are.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I love the smell of the original Caress body wash (white peach and silky orange blossom). For a while I had to get it at a Walmart across town because they didn't have it at stores closer to me but now the Walmart and Publix on my side of town have it. Yay!

I became hooked on Pert shampoo because I liked the smell of it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast