+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: What is your favorite fragrance?

Re: What is your favorite fragrance?

I'm another person in which fragrance is a migraine trigger. I can't handle being closed in with someone who baths in perfume.
    I do like soft fragrances in soaps and lotions but have to be careful of those because I work outside and the bugs love fragrance.
    Indoors, I stick with vanilla, lemon grass, woodsy or citrus smells. I found two Glade candles that I like to burn Spiced Citrus Chic and Cashmere Woods. I found a Yankee candle scent called Oceanside that I like to smell.
    There are a lot of seasonal trees, shrubs and flowers who's fragrance I love to smell and like to cut them and bring them inside. And when weather permits, I have my windows open.
    Last edited by inthegarden; 12-19-2013 at 12:51 PM.

I never got into the Love's Baby Soft. Something about smelling like a baby put me off. But I used to love Love's Fresh Lemon when I was young. I'm a citrus kind of gal anyhow. Too bad it was discontinued years ago. You can find in online, but you have to take out a bank loan to afford it. No thanks. Plus, I doubt I'd really like cologne that was 30+ years old. It would probably ruin my memory of it.

I also like to burn candles sometimes & I love the Scentsys with their scented wax. I love lemon grass & citrus & other fresh scents. What I don't like are the baked goods scents. I just don't want my house to smell like food. Also, anything supposedly "romantic" is usually a big NO. They all smell too perfumy or gooey sweet.
    Lizard likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Woman

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I adore Perry Ellis 360, and it loves me. I really love it combined with Shower-to-Shower Morning Fresh Bath Powder.

I wash only in Oil of Olay Body Wash/In-Shower Body Lotion with Shea Butter.

I have a friend who starts "machine-gun sneezing" when she comes in close proximity vanilla scents. It Is Hilarious!!! She stops once she moves away.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm like inthegarden, most perfumes give me a headache, however a mild lemon, woodsy, or lavender smell is okay.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

I'm a perfume ho. My favorites are Armani Code, Coach and Marc Jacobs Daisy. I got a bunch of samples from Sephora recently and Vercace Yellow Diamonds was in the mix. It smells amazing.

For my home, I prefer earthy scents like fig.
    waywyrd likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I never buy a scent immediately. I put a little on and see how it does after multiple hours; if it works, I go back in the next day or two and buy it. I've found that is the safest way for me to get something that works.

I've smelled things on other people that I love, but they just don't work on me. I will give away a scent in a minute!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I never buy a scent immediately. I put a little on and see how it does after multiple hours; if it works, I go back in the next day or two and buy it. I've found that is the safest way for me to get something that works.

I've smelled things on other people that I love, but they just don't work on me. I will give away a scent in a minute!
    I've had that happen to me. A cologne will smell like a breath of beauty on someone else, but when I try it I smell like I've been hanging out in a damp moldy musty basement way too long.
    I've started doing like you & trying it, sometimes more than once & waiting to see what it smells like later before I buy.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I have Marc Jacobs Lola. It smells nice in me. When i was young i think everything smelled good on me. Now not so much.

I think men are suppose to like vanilla and cinnamon. I use to get a lot of compliments for a heavy vanilla smelling scent "Queen" by queen latifah. I even got my husband (now ex) four years ago about the time i started wearing that. But i guess he was attracted to the smell of my money (which he spent).....think i might start wearing thr queen again until i figure what smells good on me.
    Punkin and Shoepie like this.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I've had that happen to me. A cologne will smell like a breath of beauty on someone else, but when I try it I smell like I've been hanging out in a damp moldy musty basement way too long.
    I've started doing like you & trying it, sometimes more than once & waiting to see what it smells like later before I buy.
    Eternity. I love the scent of that, but it reeks on me.

If I'm trying out a new scent, I usually just buy the rollerball. $20 and if I don't love it, I'm not out the $80 a full sized bottle would cost.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast