+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: What is your favorite fragrance?

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: What is your favorite fragrance?

The only fragrance I wear is Oil of Olay body wash and Ice Blue Secret deodorant. Like Pikachu, I have a weird body chemistry, and most stuff smells like vinegar on me. I used to like Avon's English Tea Rose, but I don't even know if they make it any more.

We had a woman where I used to work who said that perfumed products made her ill. She even tried to have the HR department issue an edict that no one could spray hairspray in the ladies restroom. I can understand - and am sympathetic to - people with allergies, but a lot of us thought that was over the top. If you're that sensitive to a common smell, you need to work from home.

Where my sister works which is a call center a lady kept spraying this perfume on all day and they had to ask her to stop because it was giving people headaches. I can't imagine needing to spray perfume on more than once a day unless you shower when you get home to go out later.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

THAT would be worth complaining about!
    Miss Scarlet likes this.

Totally! Any fragrance with gardenia gives me a headache & makes me feel like gagging. Actual gardenias on someone's desk have the same effect. Ugh.

I might buy some body spray as a treat for myself. All the parfums cost so much......and you really do not know if you like them that much to make an investment.
    You can do it!

Like some of you, certain fragrances will give me a severe migraine. In the past I've worn Love's Baby Soft (still buy it now and then), Odyssey, White Shoulders, Navy, and Opium. When I was younger my mother wore Chanel No. 5 and I used to sneak a spritz now and then but have never bought it for myself. There was a honeysuckle fragrance I wore as a teenager but I can't remember the name of it. I never was big into Charlie although it was popular with my friends. I tried White Linen before and it smelled awful on me and gave me a headache. I tend to stick to body sprays these days but even some of them are overpowering and will give me a headache. I definitely test something before I buy it. Like someone else said, Navy no longer smells the same on me that it used to, it seems off and not very appealing once it's on.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I think with age our bodies change on what fragrances we can wear. I stick to a body spray it is a tried and true thing with me. ArchieComic Fan every one of the fragrances you listed would give me a massive headache. My sister used to wear Sweet Honesty from Avon and I would almost gag. Sure was glad when she quit wearing it.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I remember one time a friend of mine at community college and I were out in the parking lot talking after class and she was being eaten alive by insect while they weren't bothering me. I believe it's because I was using unscented everything (deodorant, hairspray, etc) while she had on perfume and scented makeups. For once, I was glad that my sensitivity to scents led me to get unscented products so the bugs wouldn't be snacking on me!

While we're talking about scents, what is everyone's favorite room deodorizer scent (if you use them)? I have an air vent deodorizer in my car. I don't remember right off what scent it is. I had a hard time finding one I liked. I didn't want my car to smell like a pine forest or a flower field. I believe I got a vanilla scent. At home, I have a few Febreeze sprays but thankfully rarely need to use them. I also got a deodoring spray called Zep that gets rid of smoke smell. When my nephew and his wife lived with me a few years ago, their couch just reeked of smoke. I heard about this spray by doing an online search and it worked wonders!!

My friends Robert and Sila used to use an apple cinnamon plug-in and I hated the smell of it! I'd hang around outside their house as much as I could instead of going in to avoid the scent. I sure was glad when they switched to another brand because I didn't have the heart to tell them I hated the other scent. It's not my house so it's not my business to tell them what scent to use.
    Last edited by pikachu; 12-19-2013 at 08:38 AM.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

I use vanilla scented things. If cinnamon is too strong it set off a headache. My husband and I go round and round over Febreeze. I can't tolerate it and he loves spraying it even the vanilla one. Something in it that gives me headaches. I probably sound like a wacko but I just can't tolerate most fragrances.
    Arielflies likes this.

I like the Glade scented oil candles. My favorite is the 'Spiced Rose & Vanilla', but at this time of the year all I can find is 'Apple Cinnamon'. When I'm having company I light a few around the house and they create a lovely fragrance throughout.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast