+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Pets? Do Tell!

Yeah, I'd do the same thing...Give them a "normal" loving life while they're here, and then when they're in pain, ease it for them. I know people who couldn't make that final step, and I hate to see animals in serious pain.

Sorry to hear that, Sher. Make those last 2 weeks, or whatever, memorable.

Thank you all for taking care of Sher while I was incommunicado. You guys are great!

Sher, you know how I feel about your decision. You are the best that Bea could have! I will see you tonight.

I know I'm a little late, but I just want to say to Feifer and Sher that I'm so sorry about Murphy and Bea.

Thank you Kylie. Thank you all!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Originally posted by shersidhe
    here's kind of how i feel on the situation. if she has cancer, it's not worth putting her through the treatment in order to prolong her life (she would be miserable, the life she would live after treatment wouldn't be worth living and it would cost more than a fortune that i don't have). if she doesn't have cancer, then she won't die within six weeks.

i have another vet to take her to that i know, but at this point, i'm going to provide the same life, with the same drugs, that i've been providing over the years.

does that make any sense?

thank you for the shoulders, you guys.
    Sher, it makes perfect sense, and it is the right thing to do (IMHO). I agree with John...make Bea's time as "normal" as possible, and when you see she's in pain, ease it for her. I agree with you re: treatment...sure, it might prolong Bea's life, but what kind of life would that be?

Sounds like you're doing the right thing(s), Sher...keep us posted. *hug*

Oh Sher, I feel your pain. I've always thought that I wouldn't be able to make a decision like that, but it's best for Bea to live a happy normal life for the time she has than having a lesser quality a life for a longer period of time. Take care.

thanks all. i'm better today. have a nice set of bags under my eyes, but i'm all cried out. tired tired.

plus, feif and my other girlfriends came over to make me feel better last night.

i am seriously considering living in denial for a little while about it. otherwise, i'll be crying every time i see bea.

Sher, I'm glad you are feeling a bit better now

Here is my baby (well one of them)
    This is Friendly, I took two pictures, and this one is the second, it was his reaction to the flash from the first one:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Here is Jack. He's a cutie, I caught him asleep:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

LOL great pic Cali!

+ Reply to Thread