+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Pets? Do Tell!

No pets. We spent a couple weeks killing a few goldfish before we had kids. Our friends were understandably concerned when we announced our first pregnancy.

My daughter wants a dog, but my oldest son is deathly afraid of dogs right now. He claims to like "small" and "medium" dogs, but that's a load of hooie. Every single dog he sees sends him scampering off into the trees.

We may buy a fancy aquarium for my daughter for Christmas. She's said a pet would be her favorite gift. "Welcome to Paulie's Laboratory of Death, my little fishies!"
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Paulie, my pup has been the neighborhood cure for kids with fear of dogs!

Seriously, 3 kids in the neighborhood that were scared to death of dogs have started to warm up to him...he's very gentle. So if the Paulies are ever out on this coast, you can introduce them
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Do you have any pets? Yes
    What kind? Yellow Lab
    How many? Just one
    Names? AKC Registered as Sempers Royal Sadie

We just call her Sadie

I am so glad to see so much love going out to these furry creatures. Well, not all furry...some feathery and sonme scaley. hehe!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Ooooh..a furry animal thread. My turn!

I have one red/white female Siberian Husky named Shelby. She's a little scared of loud noice (like the gawd-awful trash pick up trucks and lightning), but she's very friendly. Awk...the only thing is that she sheds bigtime.

Oh yeah, she's 8 1/2 yrs old. She's my baby.

My cat's name is Shadow. He's 7 and I simply adore him.

Here's a pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Aww Miss F he's adorable!!!!! I love cats.

I have to admit, MissF, I'm not a real big "cat person", but yours is a cutie!

Welllllllllll currently I've got 5 cats (all strays picked up around the neighborhoods I've lived in). 2 of them are black, Midnight and Spooki...1 gray tiger, Wuffles...1 calico, Mott...1 white with a few calico spots, Toe. I've also got 2 albino ferrets, Remy and Morrigan.

(unfortunately due to my home circumstances I'm not sure how many I'll have in the upcoming weeks, but I'm hoping to keep the three cats that have been with me the longest, Toe/Spooki/Midnight, but we'll see.....the "child custody" dispute has yet to be resolved here at the homefront, y'all wish me luck!!)

Best of luck Libra. I can't imagine how hard it is. You can get so attached to pets.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread