+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Pets? Do Tell!

Do I have pets? geez the place is crawling with pets. they out number the people.

We have Sandy she is a 12 year old yellow lab. She has bursts of energy but tends to be in the old dog sleeping mode. She likes to walk herself (as in carrying her own leash, it makes her so proud) She is super friendly and useless as a watch dog other then she does have a loud bark,

Then there is Crystal our 18 going on 19 year old Blue Peursen Cat. She worships the ground my husband walks on, she follows him around the house, would play fetch with him, snuggle up by him. Now 90% of the time she is asleep, the rest she is racing around the house as if she was 17 years younger,

3 guina pigs - Stripe who is huge and friendly, Timmy who is small and has a crooked head from an ear virus that by the time it got cured left him a little messed up, and Patches who is a refugee from my kids grade school. We used to have another one who died.

1 gold fish, Goldie, who was won at a school fair about 18 months ago and this thing has turned into a huge fish, we need to buy another bigger tank for him, I think we are going to quit messing around and get a 10 gallon one (shoot go for 25)
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Kylie, I'm so sorry to hear about Boo. It's always hard to lose a pet...

Here's my Chancey dog. I can't remember if I posted a pic earlier or not, but I've got my handy dandy new digital camera, so here's a more recent shot anyway. She's a 10-year old shepherd/lab mix, around 100 pounds or so.

[IMG]images/user/chancey_snow.jpg[/IMG]

I just got back some film and I'd taken a couple shots of my kids so figured I'd post.

This is Midnight...he is actually my mother in law's cat that came to stay with me while she was on vacation a couple of years ago and never went back. He's my little lover and is always right under foot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is my other kid, Spooki. She was rescued on Halloween night about 3 years ago...she's not the most social of cats, but is a good kitty.

Kylie, I am so sorry to hear about Boo. I know it is tough. We had to put my Suzie to sleep when I was 15. Had her since I was 5. We had many other dogs. Suzie and Murphy were the most dear. I feel for ya!

Firegirl, i have never known how to post the pics from my computer, but got a hint over the weekend....here is Murphybaby.

I had posted him as my revolving av earlier, right after he died.
    Last edited by Feifer; 12-09-2002 at 10:30 AM.

I could not figure out how to attach more than one pic at a time.
    Last edited by Feifer; 12-09-2002 at 10:31 AM.

Our digital camera is pretty cheap and makes fuzzy pics. Think Santa is bringing a new one.
    Last edited by Feifer; 12-09-2002 at 10:32 AM.

Originally posted by KylieGrant
    They know how much I love her and that the news would kill me. They're right.
    I'm so sorry to hear that, Kylie. Losing a pet is so devastating. That might be the reason I have none right now, to protect myself from that particular brand of pain.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

My condolensces Kylie.

My cat, even though he's only 7, is like my kid. I'm starting to see him slowing down and remember that he won't be with me forever... so to show him more love when he's 'annoying' me.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Fogey
    Losing a pet,, is the worst.. I lost one of my yorkies to a rotweiler,, hound from hell, and because she had always gone with me everywhere,, 2 banks,, my job,, friends and family all sent flowers.. it was truly like my child had died.. Kylie,, she knows you love her,, and I am sure you have given her an amazing life!!

+ Reply to Thread