+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Giving Advise

Giving Advise

This is for advise you know how to give, but don't know how to take yourself.

I strongly tell everyone not to stop for strangers on the road, especially to pick them up. They can call the police instead.

I used to do this were I used to live and thought once I move, I won't do it again. Oh, well. I guess something happened in my synapse that doesn't allow that message to reach me when I see either man or woman on the side of a road or highway.

First, I told myself only to stop for women with children, then it included men. I told myself not to stop for a van or in the dark (that was forgotten). Then not to give anyone a ride. (Opps, there goes that short term memory again).:nono

What good advise do you give others, but fail to follow!

I'm the queen of both relationship and financial advice. I've even gone so far as to recommend particular budget programs, knowing damn well that I've never used said program in my life (and have only had other people rave about it to me, thereby allowing me to recommend it with confidence). And I can be a whole lot more "Dr. Phil" about other people's relationships than I can be about mine. Case in point: just yesterday a really good friend of mine called me and told me that he and his girlfriend were splitsville. I told him all sorts of really rational, well-thought-out stuff about listening and personal space and compromise, when just the night before I had taken a set of keys and launched them with the velocity of a major-league fastball directly into my boyfriend's midsection. He was *not* a happy camper, and I had to promise never to pick up anything other than a Nerf product during an argument ever again.

I could go on and on with reasons why one should not smoke.

And I smoked.

Very hypocritical (sp)

And I constantly lecture my daughter about speeding. When she is in my car I'm so good.

When I'm alone I drive too fast.
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

My friends come to me for relationship advice, because they think I have some sort of edge. I'm the so-called "fast mover," not a slut, but it doesn't take me much time to find a date if I feel like it. I do continue to give advice, as if I had some sort of edge, but really the only difference is that I don't fear rejection and just "go for it." It's just ridiculous how credible I am in that area, especially given that I'm not in a relationship (not that I feel determined to be in one, just that if I knew how to make a relationship endure, then I'd not have had so many break-ups).

JR.
    Originally posted by Shayla
    but really the only difference is that I don't fear rejection and just "go for it."
    Bless you more women should be like this.

*asks you out on a virtual date*

I've always told people to be themselves no matter what others think.... encourage everyone to be original & do what they want!

Until a couple of months ago I was sadly enough extremely mainstream myself though I didn't want to be.... I've turned around lately & started following my own advice... so I guess these days my advice sounds more sincere because... some people have actually followed my lead since I started following my own advice lol...

Or.... another advice, that I still need to work on is.. if someone's having issues with someone at work or family members, I always say:
    "Go clear the air with this person. What you heard through the grapevine may not be directly what they said about you, so go to the source itself & find out" .... and such...along those lines.

I'm lousy at confronting people.... I'm working on it. lol.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

"quit screwing around on the computer until your homework is done" <-- what I always tell my daughter. My first installment on my thesis is 2 months late now.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I'm good at telling people how to handle awkward situations at work like asking for a raise, etc....but never good at it myself.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Originally posted by Wyndemere

Or.... another advice, that I still need to work on is.. if someone's having issues with someone at work or family members, I always say:
    "Go clear the air with this person. What you heard through the grapevine may not be directly what they said about you, so go to the source itself & find out" .... and such...along those lines.

I'm lousy at confronting people.... I'm working on it. lol.
    This is me to a tee! I can confront my husband and my best friend. That's it. Otherwise I just take things from everyone else. I tell people not to be a doormat, and I am one! Grr!
    To be a star: you must shine your own light; follow your own path; and don't be afraid of the darkness, for that's where stars shine brightest.

Watch The Amazing Race 4 on CBS Thursdays @ 8:00!!!

+ Reply to Thread