+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Cool gadgets

Originally posted by Birks31
    I find that a really nice watch has a very cool effect on your confidence and attitude. Its one of my guilty pleasures....ONE of them.

I am fortunate in that my company sells several of the best brands. So I can get them without going bankrupt, yet I am such a gadget freak that I find myself enjoying my titanium and gold kenetic watch best.

On the other hand, the consortium of high end watch manufacturers is remarkably close knit, and generally conspire to keep prices artificially high for their own brand identities. It is an interesting business model in that they would prefer to sell fewer watches and tremendous mark-up rather than 10 times that amount at a still disgustingly good mark up, just so they can keep exclusive brand identity with the public.

The typical markup on a high end watch is on the order of 1000% of cost. That is amazing, even better than the clothing industry.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

i don't have tivo... i still have to handle tv the old fashioned way... 2 vcrs.

Sleeping with George W
    Originally posted by Ilikai
    Surfer, had a co.worker get DSL and it took them three weeks to sort the bugs out of it so that it would work on his puter. I got Cable pipeline and it works great, smokes dialup big time.
    Guess I had the opposite experience. Ordered DSL, installation kit came a few days later and I was up and running in about 30 minutes. Haven't had a problem since and it's very worth it!

In contrast, AT&T broadband sent an installer to my home for digital cable and he showed up incredibly late (6 p.m. after waiting all day) then proceeded to fall through my attic floor into my laundry room, cursing like a sailor the entire time. (I must admit, I laughed my butt off at that, though.)

A couple of years ago I gave all the younger couples/people on my list a fire extinguisher and a home inventory book. It sounds stupid but you would be suprised at the thanks I got.

I also like to give Christmas decorations as gifts (especially good as a wedding gift). It means NOTHING that I could easily decorate 4 or 5 trees each year with my own collection.
    Watch out, It's a stampede!

If you live in a really cold climate you might want to invest in one of these.

http://www.12voltshop.com/cacarstarter.asp
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock.

Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX
    I have a lot of complaints to make about the marketing and fees of TiVo, but dammit, it is sooooo cool, that I don't care. Once you have one, you will never watch TV the same way again.
    OMG Bill...I'm getting excited here. I'm sure they'll get you with the fees somehow but TIVO 2 huh? This is my Christmas Wishlist! I'm still reading reports and customer reviews but I think I'm sold on the idea of not having to set up 3 VCRs in one evening. AAAARRRGH!

I've also read that it starts to be too user friendly by recording programs based on my viewing habits. Can I turn this feature off, last thing I need is this thing filling up the hard drive full of sh!t tv.
    You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty.

Ronin
    Or that prono channel right Mokk

Someone mentioned that TiVo was possibly going to lower their monthly subscription fee to around $5, and eliminate the lifetime fee option...If that happens, I'm all over it.

Originally posted by John
    Someone mentioned that TiVo was possibly going to lower their monthly subscription fee to around $5, and eliminate the lifetime fee option...If that happens, I'm all over it.
    Me too John I can't wait. But this product is like the latest gadget syndrome. You buy it at the high end and within months it's a fifth of the damage you paid for
    You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345