+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Christmas cards

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Christmas cards

It might seem a little early for this topic but then again it is November and you have to send cards out before the holiday for them to reach their destination on time.

Does this forum do a Christmas card exchange? We've done it on some of the forums I've been on and it's a lot of fun! On one forum, we set a deadline to participate and everyone posted in the thread if they wanted to be included and sent their address to the postcard club coordinator by private message. After she got all the addresses, she sent a complete list to each person participating so they could send their cards out. It was so exciting that first Christmas to get about 30 cards from all over the US and Canada. I still get cards from some of the members and send cards to people who are at the same address.

On another forum, we had some younger members who didn't think their parents would approve of them giving out their address to strangers on the internet so we included the option to submit an email address and send an e-card or scan in a greeting card to send to them.

I'd like to exchange Christmas cards with people I've gotten to know on this forum. I don't know if we want to organize a card exchange or just have members contact each other privately if they want to exchange cards.

Re: Christmas cards

Silly question...Do you use a regular first class stamp to mail a card to Canada?

When I lived in Canada I used to use special stamps to mail letters to the US. And from what I recall here (did a lot less mailing the other way around) I had to go to the post office and buy special stamps. I used to just go in and say I need a bunch of Canadian stamps and they knew what I was talking about.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I used to use one first class stamp for cards to people in the US and two for people in Canada.

I checked the USPS website and their postage calculator estimates it costs 85 cents for postage to Canada.

+ Reply to Thread