+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Doing anything fun for Halloween?

Doing anything fun for Halloween?

Doing anything fun for Halloween?

Are you going to dress up? Are you going to go out? Or are you just staying home... giving out candy?

A few weekends ago we went to Busch Gardens in Virginia. WHAT A BLAST! The rides ARE awesome! What an adrenaline rush... and after 6:00pm the park turns into the best haunted thrill house/park. Every where you look... every where you go... something is scaring you!

SO FUN!

Re: Doing anything fun for Halloween?

I'm afraid I have a work matter scheduled that day that can't be moved. That means I'll be working late. I probably will just give candy to the neighborhood kids, if they show up. Not many last year.

I had planned to do some crafts with one of the grandkids. I hope we can do that this weekend, since I'll be tied up next week.

I used to go to a party every year. I had 3 friends whose birthday is on HALLOWEEN! Isn't that bizarre. The one that lived near me, always had a party and we usually dressed up for it. So much fun. Maybe next year.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'd like to do something for Halloween. It's my favorite holiday and I used to go all out picking out a costume, decorating the house, bringing candy to work, etc. Anymore, I just don't get as much fun from it since I'm alone. Holidays are always more fun when you have family or friends to share them with. No one I know is planning anything for Halloween, and my condo is too small for me to have people over to my place for a party.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

I will stay home and hand out candy. Sounds boring, but our neighborhood is popular with the treaters, so I always look forward to it. I've had my treat bags made up for weeks. We decorate the house with spooky eyes in the windows. One of our neighbors sets up a haunted house for the kids to go through, and others sit out with firepits. Kids come through in droves. It's a fun night.
    cablejockey, pikachu and Cootie like this.
    remember to play

I dressed up as a Witch for a Halloween Bunco we had a couple of weeks ago. Then we we are going to a party tomorrow night, I'll be dressing up as a Hippie Chick/Go-Go Dancer. On Wednesday, the actual Halloween holiday - I have a softball game.

I will stay home for the one or two who venture down my long, dark driveway. I also worry about vandalism... lots of teens in the area. We also may have significant damage from the incoming storm to deal with.
    Count your blessings!

I always decorate my windows for Halloween. Fiber Optic pumpkins/pumpkin figures, bats & owls in the windows, black & orange garlands. Plus a few in the living room too.
    I'll stay home in hopes of trick-or-treaters, although the numbers have been drastically dwindling in the past 5 years especially.
    My son will bring my grandson over, hopefully in costume, & a few friends with young children/grandchildren sometimes come by.

I think visiting in costume & large organized children's parties have taken the place of trick-or-treating.
    What a shame. I remember the fun & slightly scary feeling of going around the neighborhood after dark in costumes & masks you could barely see out of, trick-or-treating door to door.

Kids now just don't know what they are missing.
    cablejockey, waywyrd and Cootie like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I think I'm going to have to take my Halloween decorations down before Hurricane Sandy hits.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

I've never had trick-or-treaters show up where I live. I live in an out of the way location. I used to live in a place that was at the end of a long, unlit driveway. I had to walk through a junk-filled garage to get to my front door. I didn't have any trick-or-treaters there either. Once when I went trick-or-treating as a child, a teenage boy threw a water balloon in my direction. It landed on the ground about a foot away from me.

Our church is having a Harvest Party. I will be helping with the games. We usually get 1,000 or more kids through each year.

There is also a petting zoo this year. I think I may be more excited than the kids for that.
    coltnlasma likes this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast