+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Doing anything fun for Halloween?

FORT Fogey

Re: Doing anything fun for Halloween?

I watched the original black-and-white version of the "Little Shop of Horrors." Seymour got into a fight with the dentist and ended up killing him. When the next patient showed up, Seymour acted as the dentist and pulled about half of the man's teeth out. It wasn't a musical. Also, there weren't any trick-or-treaters.
    Ellen likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I didn't dress up. But someone did give me a long pink wig. I put it on and I saw myself transforming into a beautiful woman (with a beard, but that part is not important). It's too bad I don't have a photo. But I was the prettiest girl there, with the most amazing hair, of course.
    Ellen, M_shelll, Lizard and 2 others like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Oh, yes, you certainly are stunning in your wig. Pink is definitely your color!

Ellen, Hyper, M_shelll and 2 others like this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

omg I love it. Look at my hands and nails. omg. <3

I stopped doing halloween years ago. got tired of other kids trying to pull my face off.
    Cootie likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fogey

Jack Nicholson was in the original "Little Shop of Horrors," but I didn't recognize him. I had to look up which character he played. He played the dental patient who had half of his teeth pulled by Seymour.

I think I must have been off on my trick-or-treaters count for last year because I actually counted this year and we ended up with about 70 ...and with terrible weather! Last year we hadn't gotten any snow yet and had pretty mild temps, I remember running down to the door almost non-stop so I think we must have had closer to 100! My bf took the afternoon off and ended up carving our pumpkin, setting up some snow graves and decking out the basement. I forget he did that last year too, he put up the strobe light inside the closet, a green light behind the basement door and turned the fog machine on pretty regularly, we even had a little boy ask if we had a laboratory in the basement lol! I did really good on the candy this year (last year I had a moment of panic when the first group, right as soon as I got home, was about 20 kids thick ...I ran back to the store and doubled my candy stocks... we had candy for months haha) I got enough for about 100 kids, a couple pieces each, and I didn't eat my first one until coffee break Nov 1 I like to give extra to the kids that 'like' my dog, or ask about my laboratory too

I always give candy to anyone who's willing to walk door to door, when I lived in the hood we got the local adult hookers/druggies/dealers with nothing more than a plastic Safeway bag for their goodies, they'd smile and wouldn't make you feel bullied into giving them candy, but I could never see myself turning anyone away ...unless I caught them looping back behind their friends for a second round! I think Halloween should be for everyone to enjoy and I really don't even care if they have a costume on. It gets so cold up here, for all I know they could have something under their parkas. A lot of kids use hand-me-down costumes or re-use last years and while you generally plan for something that can accommodate warm cloths underneath, if you can't afford a new, bigger costume you shouldn't be penalized for it. Plus I always hated when people would call me out for being too old to trick-or-treat old when I was like 11 or 12. My sister and brother are 2 and 5 years younger than me and my friends would take them with us to do our street and the really close connecting ones, we always wore full costumes and not just a rubber mask with our usual jeans. I always thought it was so mean to give a 9 year old candy and turn to her 11 year old sister and say "too bad for you". We were just having fun with our favorite holiday, and who's to say what the 'proper' age to grow up is?! I still don't think I'm there lol!
    cablejockey and JavaJo like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234