+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Share your BEAUTY secrets????

Re: Share your BEAUTY secrets????

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I don't sleep much due to a raging case of insomnia, so of course I have puffy eyes and dark circles. I was using the old stand by trick where you put a spoon in the freezer for a couple of minutes and then press against your eyes to depuff them, but I don't like cold. It hurts. I can't stand when someone puts a cold soda can against my neck..lol. So the spoon trick was very uncomfortable but I've found a solution. It's magic in a jar. Benefit makes an eye cream called It's Potent and holy cow....I've been using it for about three weeks (twice a day) and it works on both the puffiness and the dark circles. I can see a huge difference. Problem is...it's a small jar and it's a little pricey at $34, but I'm hooked. I've tried every product out there and nothing compares. I've even noticed a change in the laugh lines I have around my eyes. They are definitely less prominent. The area around my eyes tends to be really dry, too, and this cream has solved that issue, too. Even my husband noticed and he doesnt notice anything.
    I love this! I have insomnia, and I am on call( or dispatch) some nights. I use this, I contacted them to see if they could make a bigger jar!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Hi JavaJo.... I will have to check out that product. I don't have dark circles... but sometimes I suffer from that puffiness.. due to lack of sleep. While I love laughing... I gotta say, I'm NOT happy with the lines.

Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I love this! I have insomnia, and I am on call( or dispatch) some nights. I use this, I contacted them to see if they could make a bigger jar!
    I didn't see your comment Fanny Mare before I posted. You too enjoy this product. I'm definitely checking into it. IF it works... I wouldn't mind spending the money.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    I didn't see your comment Fanny Mare before I posted. You too enjoy this product. I'm definitely checking into it. IF it works... I wouldn't mind spending the money.
    I keep mine in the fridge, seems to really help.
    -Andy Rooney-

PWS
    FORT Fogey

OK, just have to brag a little for Oil of Olay and Vaseline Aloe... went in for some bloodwork today and when the technician took my insurance cards and checked my birthday she did a doubletake and said, You're 70??? What is your secret? And she was serious, making notes, not just being nice.

Re circles...I don't know if this is true, but I've read they are due to little capillaries leaking under the eyes...so if you are taking a lot of aspirin for example, as you might if you were out late and partying, that's one reason you have circles after a big night out--the aspirin preventing blood from clotting so more leaks out. Maybe the cream described above strengthens the walls somehow?
    cablejockey likes this.

Okay, beyond the ass/face equation noted above, I started using something new one week ago and it is fantastic - L'Occitane's Fabulous Serum. The whiteheads around my cheekbone that I've been trying to get rid of for decades - gone. My skin is rosy and smooth and dewy and this stuff is amazing. Don't just take my word for it:

Sephora - Fabulous Serum customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings

ETA: My co-worker, a straight male in his twenties whose favourite thing in life is sports, just said I looking "well-rested and glowing" in response to my saying that I had slept in. I asked if he was being sarcastic (wouldn't be surprised), and he said no, that I actually looked good. I cannot recommend this stuff highly enough.
    Last edited by Rattus; 10-19-2012 at 08:39 AM.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Wow, those are rave reviews, other than for the smell... but someone more experienced...explain to me what a "serum" is vs. a "lotion"? Thanks!

It's for skin repair, not moisturizing. You put your moisturizer on over it, though I haven't had to use any yet and won't have to until winter starts in earnest.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I don't sleep much due to a raging case of insomnia, so of course I have puffy eyes and dark circles. I was using the old stand by trick where you put a spoon in the freezer for a couple of minutes and then press against your eyes to depuff them, but I don't like cold. It hurts. I can't stand when someone puts a cold soda can against my neck..lol. So the spoon trick was very uncomfortable but I've found a solution. It's magic in a jar. Benefit makes an eye cream called It's Potent and holy cow....I've been using it for about three weeks (twice a day) and it works on both the puffiness and the dark circles. I can see a huge difference. Problem is...it's a small jar and it's a little pricey at $34, but I'm hooked. I've tried every product out there and nothing compares. I've even noticed a change in the laugh lines I have around my eyes. They are definitely less prominent. The area around my eyes tends to be really dry, too, and this cream has solved that issue, too. Even my husband noticed and he doesnt notice anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Just bought some of this stuff and hope it works as well as you both say! I thought $32 (with free shipping!) was pricey but I'm worth it!
    JavaJo likes this.

I hope you like it, and yes, you are worth it

I started using Yonka again, and my skin is loving it. I cannot believe the difference
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread