+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Share your BEAUTY secrets????

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Share your BEAUTY secrets????

Wow, PGM, great genetics indeed!

Forgot to add, one other secret to my 70 year old wrinkleless skin may be that I use the Vaseline brand aloe liquid/cream. I think aloe is a miracle drug---what it does for sunburn is just incredible, but it also helps with healing the skin in general. Anything with lanolin is great, too. For a while I had something with lanolin AND aloe and I was in heaven, but of course that is gone now. So, in order, I wash my face with Camay in the am, add Oil of Olay, then the Vaseline, then the Oil of Olay eye cream (the only expensive component). At night I just wipe the make up off (in addition to above I use some eye liner and shadow, mostly rubbed off, and a little foundation/powder where I have some rosecea) with water on a tissue and apply the same cream regime. I think it mostly works because it keeps the skin from drying out.

I like Aloe in creams also. When I work with clay, it pulls the oils out of my skin. I use Gold Bond Ultimate healing with Aloe hand lotion. It works wonders on my hands.

Another beauty secret of mine is Dove Dark Chocolate with Almonds. I can't help but smile when I indulge.
    During the holidays Dove makes Peppermint Bark Promises, dark chocolate topped with white chocolate and small flaky bits of peppermint. I watch for sales and buy enough bags to last me until the next year. I ration one piece at a time. I noticed this morning that my last bag is almost empty.

I LOVE peppermint bark!!! I'll have to look for those.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fan

I've used the strip lashes from time to time-once you get used to putting them on, they go on pretty quickly. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the cucumber peel off masks. My biggest secret is my moisturizer though-I have combination skin and it used to be really hard to find something that gave me enough moisture but also didn't make me break out like crazy. I actually use this stuff called Udderly Smooth-and yes, if you guessed from the name, it was originally manufactured to use on dairy cows. It's soooo amazing-doesn't go on very heavy but works like a dream. I buy it at Walmart for about $3 for a 12 oz tub, and it lasts months.

How difficult is it to get the false eyelashes off? Does it hurt or irriate your eyes? I have VERY sensitive eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    How difficult is it to get the false eyelashes off? Does it hurt or irriate your eyes? I have VERY sensitive eyes.
    I just pull them off - and it doesn't hurt me - but I am used to it! They come off with water- I have found- so that would be an easier way to get them off. The glue is not water resistant so no swimming if you want them to stay on.

FORT Fan

Yep, just pull them off nice and slow. If they do seem to be tugging a little at your natural lashes, stop pulling, put some gentle eye makeup remover on a cotton ball, and dab over the lash line, and it should come right off.

Okay. I may give it a try. I do think they would be fun to wear, even if it's just a couple of days per week.

One reason I stopped wearing much makeup is that I had people tell me that I looked good without it. Maybe they were just being nice. I don't know, but I do recall that whenever I would stop off at the grocery store, dry cleaners, etc., after leaving the gym, I would get the most flirts from young men.(Too young to take seriously.lol) This is when I would have on workout clothes, hair sweaty pulled back in a pony tail, etc. I even got carded a couple of times! lol
    Last edited by Debb70; 10-15-2012 at 01:58 PM.

I loved wearing false eyelashes. My natural eyelashes are so blond they're almost white, so I still had to wear mascara since they showed up against the false ones. There is definitely a learning curve to wearing them. A friend who wears them showed me how to put them on. Once I got used it it they went on quickly. Black glue sounds fantastic. Unfortunately I'm allergic to the adhesive so I now I can't wear them anymore.

I don't sleep much due to a raging case of insomnia, so of course I have puffy eyes and dark circles. I was using the old stand by trick where you put a spoon in the freezer for a couple of minutes and then press against your eyes to depuff them, but I don't like cold. It hurts. I can't stand when someone puts a cold soda can against my neck..lol. So the spoon trick was very uncomfortable but I've found a solution. It's magic in a jar. Benefit makes an eye cream called It's Potent and holy cow....I've been using it for about three weeks (twice a day) and it works on both the puffiness and the dark circles. I can see a huge difference. Problem is...it's a small jar and it's a little pricey at $34, but I'm hooked. I've tried every product out there and nothing compares. I've even noticed a change in the laugh lines I have around my eyes. They are definitely less prominent. The area around my eyes tends to be really dry, too, and this cream has solved that issue, too. Even my husband noticed and he doesnt notice anything.
    Hyper, Fanny Mare and I'm here like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread