+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Share your BEAUTY secrets????

Re: Share your BEAUTY secrets????

I had to post this....my mother's 'beauty secret' that she shared with me: 'When you run out of eyeshadow...just use the ashtray'.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    I had to post this....my mother's 'beauty secret' that she shared with me: 'When you run out of eyeshadow...just use the ashtray'.
    And now I have to clean my coffee off my computer!! Thanks, beerbelly, for probably the most "interesting" beauty secret!!

Hey! My mom uses shoe polish instead of hair coloring. She claims she can't find anything that looks as natural.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    LOL! With a raspy voice? (I can imagine my ???-packs-per-day maternal grandmother saying the exact same thing.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    You two are hilarious! On getting carded - my dad recently got carded. He thought it was hilarious . . . until the idiot teeny-bopper waiter said "I just wanted to see if you were eligible for the senior discount." And that was the sound of his tip disappearing!
    I think its hysterical how for years my parents loved when people didn't know their age... but now... its a race to whip out the proof that they ARE seniors. They love the discounts. And man oh man are there A LOT! I especially love the amusement park discounts. (seniors get in free). AS IF 70+ year old people are going on the extreme rides. My parents... DID take advantage of the "lazy river". Now, thats living dangerously....

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    LOL! With a raspy voice? (I can imagine my ???-packs-per-day maternal grandmother saying the exact same thing.)
    From what I've heard... cigarettes are quite expensive now. Thats certainly away to get their monies worth...

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I am scared to have botox. My girlfriend had it done and she looks great.Her face isn't frozen or overdone. But I guess I am a wimp. Or maybe I cant see spending the money, I would rather take a trip
    I will say that it really did help give my face a little makeover. It took out those lines in my forehead and more importantly the ones right in the middle of your eyebrows. They can be deep set and make you appear to be frowning all the time or squinting to see. Getting rid of those really softened my face. My doctor was SUPER good and I never looked frozen. It's a little painful, but nothing you can't bear for a few minutes and then it's over.

It was a small investment to get my face looking friendly again. After a couple of years, I stopped getting them and some of the lines still haven't come back. A few have, but I won't touch those up for at least another couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    It was a small investment to get my face looking friendly again.
    I don't know why I find that comment comical.

I don't want my face looking too friendly. I sorta like my "don't think I'm approachable" face...
    Jamie5632 and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    I don't know why I find that comment comical.

I don't want my face looking too friendly. I sorta like my "don't think I'm approachable" face...
    I get it. lol

One time many years ago, I had some great flecked sparkly nail polish. I thought it would look great as eye shadow.
    DON'T EVER DO THIS!!!!!!! BAD, BAD BAD IDEA!!!!!!!!!
    prhoshay and Hyper like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread