+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Share your BEAUTY secrets????

Re: Share your BEAUTY secrets????

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    And finally....I really don't care what people think, because people are going to have something to say about you regardless of how you look.
    HERE HERE!!!!

Besides, my pets don't care if I have makeup on.
    I love you more and more.... Thats all about that unconditional love....

Pets love you unconditionally. They sure dont notice if you wear lip gloss or not.Although young Oliver likes to lick my face, dog cooties aside, I never ever mind
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I wear eye makeup & have since late in high school. Face, not so much, just blush & a little neutral lipstick. It's a part of who I am & a part of getting up in the morning, kind of like brushing my hair.

When I was married my then husband used to get upset when I put on eye makeup even to go camping or other outdoor activities. He'd say "The animals don't care what you look like & if you have makeup on." I'd say "But I do!".

That's the way I look at it. I don't do it for others, I do it because I like the way I look with it, & don't like the way I look without it.

It's all about feeling good about yourself.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    But... you didn't share your beauty secret.

*gets secret decoder ring out*
    It's common knowledge so I didn't think it was necessary to go into detail. If you diet yourself into a nice looking middle-aged ass, your face will suffer for it because a layer of fat keeps one's face from shrivelling up.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I pretty much follow Gut's beauty plan. I would never wear make-up if I could avoid it (as it is, I use a little cover up, blush and lipstick at work and that's it - nothing on the weekends). I never wash my face, I never moisturize my face. I never tan and I have naturally oily skin. The good news is, at 39, I have very few wrinkles (on either my face or my a$$)!! My beauty secret, and this is so stupid, I know - is a smile. Seriously, it makes all the difference!
    Ellen and I'm here like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    My beauty secret, and this is so stupid, I know - is a smile. Seriously, it makes all the difference!
    Not stupid at all - you are absolutely correct. I often find people smiling at me and as I'm wondering why, I realize that I'm smiling because I'm feeling right with the world. It does indeed make a difference.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

When I was 39, I thought all the talk about wrinkles and aging was WAAAY overblown. I just didn't get it. lol Fast forward a few years and I started understanding! I started getting botox and restilyn. They worked GREAT too. I stopped a few years ago because I gained weight and don't need it anymore, plus, I think the botox will have permanent effect after awhile. Some of the lines in my forehead have never come back! lol

I may go back for a few touchups, but it's not so important to me anymore. With age, I think you realize what's truly important.....hey, ask me again in another 10 years.
    I'm here likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    When I was 39, I thought all the talk about wrinkles and aging was WAAAY overblown. I just didn't get it. lol Fast forward a few years and I started understanding! I started getting botox and restilyn. They worked GREAT too. I stopped a few years ago because I gained weight and don't need it anymore, plus, I think the botox will have permanent effect after awhile. Some of the lines in my forehead have never come back! lol

I may go back for a few touchups, but it's not so important to me anymore. With age, I think you realize what's truly important.....hey, ask me again in another 10 years.
    I am scared to have botox. My girlfriend had it done and she looks great.Her face isn't frozen or overdone. But I guess I am a wimp. Or maybe I cant see spending the money, I would rather take a trip
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    It's common knowledge so I didn't think it was necessary to go into detail. If you diet yourself into a nice looking middle-aged ass, your face will suffer for it because a layer of fat keeps one's face from shrivelling up.
    Did you just call me a middle-aged ass???? *sad face*

coltnlasma likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I pretty much follow Gut's beauty plan. I would never wear make-up if I could avoid it (as it is, I use a little cover up, blush and lipstick at work and that's it - nothing on the weekends). I never wash my face, I never moisturize my face. I never tan and I have naturally oily skin. The good news is, at 39, I have very few wrinkles (on either my face or my a$$)!! My beauty secret, and this is so stupid, I know - is a smile. Seriously, it makes all the difference!

For the short time I've been chatting with you... it is easy to tell you are a beautiful person. And I picture you exactly like that... smiling all the time!!!!

I am mostly happy... and smile often. But, I catch people looking at me strangely (wondering why I'm smiling) Hmmmm... maybe they are looking at my beautiful skin???? *fluffs hair* I'm felling purrrrty...
    KatesMom likes this.

+ Reply to Thread