+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Share your BEAUTY secrets????

Re: Share your BEAUTY secrets????

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Interesting, nennie, thanks! I have to admit the price is freaking me out a little...
    My friend says that it lasts about 2 months but that is still a steep price. I guess if it works then you can justify it.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I don't have many fine line wrinkles right now. Knock on wood. I may wait on this procedure.

I'm going to focus on the botox for my two wrinkles between my eyebrows. I talked to my dermatologist about it last week. I was going to the Spa place, but my doctor does it too. She's a little more expensive, but she does the injections. I like that as opposed to Spa staff, though, I'm sure they are well trained.

I noticed something since I got my hair color, highlights, and cut. My hair doesn't curl as well! I was shocked since I thought taking off a good 4 inches would really help it keep more curl and bounce. It's just not as curly and doesn't hold up as long either. My niece told me that her hair took curl better with split ends!!! I guess that's it. I need split ends to get the right look. lol

Any tips for getting more curl? Sometimes I use hot curlers, but normally just regular ones.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    My friend says that it lasts about 2 months but that is still a steep price. I guess if it works then you can justify it.
    Holy mackeral! The effects would have to last for the rest of my life for that price.

All in all, I'm satisfied with the condition of my skin. I've been a faithful daily & usually nightly moisturizing proponent for a long time. Plus I drink loads of water.
    I do have those 2 nasty lines between my eyebrows. My daughter gave them to me. All the moisturizing product in the world doesn't seem to make a difference. They're locked in. At this point the only thing that might help would be botox, but I doubt I'll ever take the jump.
    That & the jaw line is beginning to jowl a little. Nobody else seems to be able to see it, or at least won't admit to it, but I can. Someday I'll look into the mirror & see a bulldog staring back at me.
    famita and spockwhat like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I don't have many fine line wrinkles right now. Knock on wood. I may wait on this procedure.

I'm going to focus on the botox for my two wrinkles between my eyebrows. I talked to my dermatologist about it last week. I was going to the Spa place, but my doctor does it too. She's a little more expensive, but she does the injections. I like that as opposed to Spa staff, though, I'm sure they are well trained.

I noticed something since I got my hair color, highlights, and cut. My hair doesn't curl as well! I was shocked since I thought taking off a good 4 inches would really help it keep more curl and bounce. It's just not as curly and doesn't hold up as long either. My niece told me that her hair took curl better with split ends!!! I guess that's it. I need split ends to get the right look. lol

Any tips for getting more curl? Sometimes I use hot curlers, but normally just regular ones.
    My hair is naturally curly. Highlighting helped to tame some of the curls. For me, it was an added benefit. I stopped highlighting and I've noticed the gray hair has the same effect.
    Last edited by inthegarden; 04-17-2014 at 10:20 AM.

Last night I put in sponge rollers when my hair was still slightly damp. The curl was a little tighter this morning. I also added a few more curlers. I guess I'll have to work on getting more split ends! lol

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Isn't that one of those things you do on the weekend for a test run??
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Last night I put in sponge rollers when my hair was still slightly damp. The curl was a little tighter this morning. I also added a few more curlers. I guess I'll have to work on getting more split ends! lol
    Have you tried misting on a setting lotion? It won't make your hair crunchy like some hair sprays or gels, but it does help hold waves and curls.
    Debb70 likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Someone was posting about brown spots above and trying to even them out. I had my brown sunspots lasered off last year by my dermatologist. Since I've lived in FL my entire life there's no escaping the sun. The laser was not painful at all - each hit of the laser felt like a rubberband snapping along with a flash of light, although my eyes were covered with solid goggles during the procedure. They also put cold cream on your face so you don't feel any heat. The cost was $350 or $400. I was told in advance that I might need 3 treatments, but actually everything was taken care of in one.
    spockwhat and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Isn't that one of those things you do on the weekend for a test run??
    Oh, no. Any curl is okay. If it's not as strong that's alright. I'll just try something different next time.

I did get a little more curl this last time and most people I saw made positive comments. It must be good, because I get more looks than when I wear it straight. I do feel a little bad when I don't wear it curled, because family, friends, and colleagues have told me in a sincere way how much they like it. I'm not going to put a lot of heat on it though, no matter what. I know that will damage it long term and I won't do that.

I would like to use a styling gel, but I don't know which one to use. I've looked at so many brands....I'm confused. I have wasted so much money on various products over the years, I hesitate to buy one more thing I will be dissatisfied with. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

GREAT info on the sun spot laser treatment, Cornholio! I have two that need attention. I was going to buy some cream that fades it, but the cream was $62.00 at Costco! That's a lot for something that may not work.

+ Reply to Thread