+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Share your BEAUTY secrets????

Re: Share your BEAUTY secrets????

Since I've gotten older, I've decided not to highlight my hair anymore. Since my hair is naturally dark, dark brown, to highlight means stripping it of its color and depositing another color on that. It's too hard on the hair to keep doing that to it. I don't want to have brittle, breaking hair or hair that won't grow later. So I'll still color the gray but no longer highlight.

I don't think there is anything you can do to damage my hair. I have very thick hair and I have done everything imaginable to it and it is still very thick. The only time I really messed it up was when it was bleached and my sister in law put a perm on top of that and it melted it but it grew back just fine. It is solid gray now but I went and had highlights put in it awhile back. Gonna keep that up as I like it better. My families gray hair rums the gamut from silver, white and to a blonde gray like I have.

On the electrolysis is is painful even with the gel. It only last a little while though and worth the pain. I am sure the price today has quadrupled compared to when I did it 25 years ago.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I can understand not highlighting, if that requires the harsh stripping. I've never had anything stripped.

I can only think that the "no color while pregnant" has to do with absorption across the scalp and it's potential effect on the developing fetus, but I don't know since I've never asked.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 03-25-2014 at 03:49 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Is there a difference in highlighting and color? I normally get the highlights just once a year and the color whenever the roots get too thick. Both are light blonde and I can't really tell the difference, though others may. Maybe I should just stick with the color and not the highlights? I thought all permament color was somewhat damaging.

Color is all over and highlighting is like doing a frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Is there a difference in highlighting and color? I normally get the highlights just once a year and the color whenever the roots get too thick. Both are light blonde and I can't really tell the difference, though others may. Maybe I should just stick with the color and not the highlights? I thought all permament color was somewhat damaging.
    She uses tones like caramel etc - this gives it depth and it looks really healthy. I have been doing my hair for a lot of years, too many to remember .I get it trimmed regularly and my new hairdresser thinks I have a healthy head of hair..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I still have my original blonde hair color. My mother greyed very late & I'm hoping to do the same.
    I've never tried a different color. Every time I've had the urge I tell myself: "People go out of their way to get this color. If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
    I've always said that as soon as the grey shows up, I'm coloring. I have no qualms about it. Maybe then I'll be adventurous & try a strawberry blonde or something. Who knows, maybe I'll stripe it.
    I'll be 95 years old & striped!
    Debb70 likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Anyone here tried Oil Cleansing? I baulked at first but have been doing it for about three weeks (every other day) I use a 60 percent castor oil and about 40 percent pure sunflower oil... and I'm really liking the results.

I'm outdoorsy and athletic and 45 and my skin has paid the price of all that outdoors lovin'. Definitely some wrinkles and a little bit of sagging and brown spots, partly due to the sun and partly because I'm thin.
    I hate the brown spots, but I'm using a cream to even them, but I kind of love the laugh lines around my eyes. I think men look really sexy with laugh lines, so why shouldn't I?
    Wow, I just made myself sound like I look awful. I'm not, I think I look pretty good.

That said, I really would like to even out the skin more and maybe reduce the wrinkles a little.. some people mentioned strivectin, any updates on how you like the product?
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Anyone here tried Oil Cleansing? I baulked at first but have been doing it for about three weeks (every other day) I use a 60 percent castor oil and about 40 percent pure sunflower oil... and I'm really liking the results.

I'm outdoorsy and athletic and 45 and my skin has paid the price of all that outdoors lovin'. Definitely some wrinkles and a little bit of sagging and brown spots, partly due to the sun and partly because I'm thin.
    I hate the brown spots, but I'm using a cream to even them, but I kind of love the laugh lines around my eyes. I think men look really sexy with laugh lines, so why shouldn't I?
    Wow, I just made myself sound like I look awful. I'm not, I think I look pretty good.

That said, I really would like to even out the skin more and maybe reduce the wrinkles a little.. some people mentioned strivectin, any updates on how you like the product?
    This is the big rage where I live right now. I can't afford it right now or I would try it. My friend sells it and says it is wonderful.
    https://www.rodanandfields.com/

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Interesting, nennie, thanks! I have to admit the price is freaking me out a little...
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

+ Reply to Thread