+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Share your BEAUTY secrets????

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Share your BEAUTY secrets????

Think Walter Cronkite! Think Andy Rooney!

Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I recall Andy Rooney. When they went in on a close up with him, I wanted to get my scissors out. His brows were at least 3 inches long! lol A nice trim would have made such a difference.

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I'm 60. When I turned 59 I decided it was time to stop coloring my hair, because I wanted to get used to the idea before I turned 60. It has had a very welcome side effect - I'm far more likely to get a seat on the way home on the train. Mind you, I'm probably in better shape than many of the standing youngsters, but I'm entitled to sit and read or do sudoku or just zone out, right? LOL Hubby's ok with it. He says I'm still a fox, and he was tired of people mistaking me for his daughter.
    I stopped coloring my hair when a sales clerk waited on me that had a skunk strip down the center of her scalp.
    I have dark blond fine, thick, naturally curly hair. Humidity is not my friend. I used to have it high lighted and was surprised at how gray my hair was when I stopped coloring.
    On the positive side of gray hair, it's straighter and the curl has mellowed. My gray hair is light gray so it still has the appearance of being high lighted. Plus, the freedom of a simple 30 minute cut and go style.

I get my hair colored every 4 weeks; my stylist won't stand still for me stopping the color. She's the professional; I defer to her opinion since I really trust her. I might add that she is older than I am, but she also doesn't let her hair go gray. My family's gray tends to be the white-gray. A guy friend who, I'm sure considered himself being funny, asked me what color my hair would be if I didn't color it; I told him that I have NO way of knowing since I'd never seen it!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I love colouring my hair, she did it with all types of lowlights and highlights, that looks like blonde hair should( not flat colour) she does a darn good job. At 63 my hair looks younger
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

My hairdresser told me that during the times she was pregnant (3 kids so far) she stopped coloring her hair because of the chemicals and indicated that other hairdressers often did that too. Got my attention!

My hairdresser told me that during the times she was pregnant (3 kids so far) she stopped coloring her hair because of the chemicals and indicated that other hairdressers often did that too. Got my attention!
    Some do, some don't. There haven't been any hard and fast rules I wonder if its just a personal choice?
    -Andy Rooney-

I've heard more than one hair stylist say that. I guess, when in doubt, don't.....one of life's little rules. That was not an issue that I had.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I've heard more than one hair stylist say that. I guess, when in doubt, don't.....one of life's little rules. That was not an issue that I had.
    I would think it would be more of an issue for the hair stylist who is handling the chemicals every day. If they shouldn't be applied to your head when pregnant I don't know why you would be willing to handle them day after day when pregnant.

I would think it would be more of an issue for the hair stylist who is handling the chemicals every day. If they shouldn't be applied to your head when pregnant I don't know why you would be willing to handle them day after day when pregnant.
    Yes, that's what I wonder
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread