+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Share your BEAUTY secrets????

Re: Share your BEAUTY secrets????

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    No - she has many naked spots that she has to fill in. haha! Her eyebrows have been tweezed forever and she has the spaces where they just won't grow anymore. Mine was accidental and then I guess it stuck.

The necklace is from my starter kit with Lia Sophia jewelry. Let me know if you would like to take a look and I'll send you the link!
    I also have the bare spots. I'm blonde, but have always had thick brows that darned near went all the way to the middle. They weren't (& still aren't) that white blonde, but more of a sandy blonde to pale brown color, even though my hair is a lot lighter (and it's still natural). Everyone always said my hair would eventually turn the color of my brows, but it never did. Tweezing has been a lifelong mission for me.

Anyhow, I attributed the brow thinning & bare spots to ageing. It seemed to happen right about the time I turned 50. I've said they moved from my brow to my chin. It was right about the time those little buggers showed up.
    Maybe the tweezing was it. I still have to tweeze because wouldn't you know it, they didn't disappear from the places I'd want them to.
    I use as light of an eyebrow pencil as I can find to "replace" them. The problem is that eyebrow pencils don't come light enough. "Blonde" shows up brown on me. My brows are now much darker than they were before thanks to that.
    Punkin and Debb70 like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

The amount of plucking I have to do at the corners of my upper lip, I'm pretty sure I'd have a Fu Manchu if I ever stopped.
    fu manchu.jpg
    JavaJo and Debb70 like this.
    Count your blessings!

PGM35, GREAT picture!!!

Your eyes look awesome and me too, I love your necklace. I love all LIA SOPHIA jewelry!!! So pretty yet so reasonably priced!!!
    PGM35 and Debb70 like this.
    KAREN

Yeah, PGM35, I really like the shape of your brow. I've always liked the high arch. Marie Osmond has always had that and Oprah pays a LOT to get hers arched high too. I don't think it's in the cards for me though. lol I think Oprah pays a small fortune to get her brows shaped. When she was in Chicago, she flew to CA to this certain expert eyebrow person. I can't find a link for it now. I've heard Oprah talk about how important it is to her.
    PGM35 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yeah, PGM35, I really like the shape of your brow. I've always liked the high arch. Marie Osmond has always had that and Oprah pays a LOT to get hers arched high too. I don't think it's in the cards for me though. lol I think Oprah pays a small fortune to get her brows shaped. When she was in Chicago, she flew to CA to this certain expert eyebrow person. I can't find a link for it now. I've heard Oprah talk about how important it is to her.
    Anastasia, something like that .She also has brow kits .But she services most of Hollywood
    PGM35 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Well thank you! Really appreciate it. I hadn't heard that about Oprah! Interesting!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh, Oprah. I remember once she had an expert about happiness on her show and somehow it was determined that people who aren't too rich or too poor are the happiest. People who make around $70,000/year were the happiest and Oprah's jaw dropped and she said, "People can live on $70,000 a year?" That's when she lost me. Most people I know only WISH they made that much. She should have just shut her mouth. She probably spends that much having her eyebrows done every year. Hope she's happy.
    Punkin, Kip, Lil Bit and 2 others like this.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You sound like you're feeling inferior. You shouldn't, but that's your choice. Go out and do something to make yourself feel happy. It's not that hard! As has been said, YOU are the only person responsible for Your happiness.

After reading this thread, I know how happy I am not to have miscellaneous stray hairs growing in random spots around my face. I'd like to try threading for my brows if I can find it in my area.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

If you were responding to me, you couldn't be more wrong.
    It was just my "Aha!" moment that Oprah really has no clue.
    Punkin and Kip like this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Oh, Oprah. I remember once she had an expert about happiness on her show and somehow it was determined that people who aren't too rich or too poor are the happiest. People who make around $70,000/year were the happiest and Oprah's jaw dropped and she said, "People can live on $70,000 a year?" That's when she lost me. Most people I know only WISH they made that much. She should have just shut her mouth. She probably spends that much having her eyebrows done every year. Hope she's happy.
    Hmm, never recall her saying that, because she has lived on much much less. I am not saying it isn't true, but no, I cant think of a time she has said that. She has always said teachers should earn more, I remember that..heck if I had the money, I would do whatever I pleased
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread