+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Share your BEAUTY secrets????

Re: Share your BEAUTY secrets????

The only makeup tip that I ever got was to use lots of concealer.
    just1paul and Lizard like this.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Funny
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    Thanks! Yes, it must be genetics b/c my mom just turned 66 and she doesn't look a day over 50 (in my opinion anyway). I use the Ardell brand. Much easier to work with and cheaper than the Revlon ones. I actually have started buying much cheaper ones from Amazon but I am so used to them, that I don't mind that they are "generic". Here are the brand pics if you wanted to try them out.

Attachment 28609
    and this glue since it dries dark and looks more like liner instead of the "clear" which really dries more like a "milky/clear" white goo.

Attachment 28610
    Bumping this for Debb
    Debb70 likes this.

I bought a set once, but never got the nerve to try them. After a couple of years, I threw them away. lol

What about the ones where the lashes are separate and not in one piece? How do they work?

After spending my youth performing, I vowed to never wear false eyelashes again. They're a pain (and I'm pretty good at putting them on). I can't imagine wearing them every day.

I've posted about it here before, but I use L'Oreal's Double Extend Beauty Tubes mascara. It's waterproof, makes your lashes look longer and it comes off easily with warm water. No smudges and no messing with makeup remover at the end of the day. I can do my makeup in 5 minutes or less and I don't just wear lipstick. I'm talking foundation, blush, eyeshadow, liner, mascara and lip color. I can't imagine what those women do who say it takes them an hour. What on earth takes that long?
    Punkin and momrek06 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

2013-11-10 00.38.41.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    After spending my youth performing, I vowed to never wear false eyelashes again. They're a pain (and I'm pretty good at putting them on). I can't imagine wearing them every day.

I've posted about it here before, but I use L'Oreal's Double Extend Beauty Tubes mascara. It's waterproof, makes your lashes look longer and it comes off easily with warm water. No smudges and no messing with makeup remover at the end of the day. I can do my makeup in 5 minutes or less and I don't just wear lipstick. I'm talking foundation, blush, eyeshadow, liner, mascara and lip color. I can't imagine what those women do who say it takes them an hour. What on earth takes that long?
    I don't see putting them on as a pain. For me they are better than mascara. I, too, take very little time getting ready, and I'm talking foundation, blush, eyeshadow, liner, eyelashes, and lips. Include my hair and it's maybe 30 min tops with 5-7 min to dry my hair. Mike used to say I was the fastest girl he knew to get ready. If I take an hour, it's to sip a cocktail while I'm getting ready! heehee

the single lashes are for "Filling" in lashes. I have tried them and it's too much work. I would much rather slap some glue on a strip of lashes, put them on, straighten, let adhere and go.
    Last edited by PGM35; 03-14-2014 at 12:07 PM. Reason: additional info

Oh I am absolutely going to try this!!!
    KAREN

I've posted about it here before, but I use L'Oreal's Double Extend Beauty Tubes mascara. It's waterproof, makes your lashes look longer and it comes off easily with warm water. No smudges and no messing with makeup remover at the end of the day.
    I couldn't remember who posted this type - I bought a few tubes of this stuff when they were on sale at Walgreens. I used mascara only when I don't feel like using the lashes, which is rarely. This type does make them look thicker and longer.
    momrek06 likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It's OK; not great.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I didnt like it.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread