+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Share your BEAUTY secrets????

Re: Share your BEAUTY secrets????

Anybody know a way to lighten age spots? I've tried the creams and they don't work.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

We should all look back at our ancestors to see if we can find our wrinkle history. My niece complains about her laughlines around her eyes, but they obviously come from her dad and his family; my family doesn't seem to have laughlines.

That story about the nail polish on the eyelids cracked me up!!! It's called "live and learn". I think we all did some stupid stuff as teens. I can't even begin to imagine the misery of getting it off.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I was just watching a video on how to do the chula look...thanks to looking at the dancing with the stars thread...holy smokes... glue over your real eyebrows? Some days beauty is just too much for me! Of course that is nothing compared to footbinding, FGM, plastic surgery, and the like. Apparently there is nothing women (and probably men) won't do to be attractive to the other sex in one's culture!

People tend to complain about moisturizures and lotions being "greasy". Not all moisturizures are greasy-feeling. I have found one that does not sit on top of your skin, but is absorbed and leaves softness. I put it all over my body! I can't stand that dry-skin feeling at any time of the year.

I do like to put Vaseline and socks on my feet at night. The softness, the next day, is incredible.
    inthegarden likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

My favorite "special targeted" skin care products come from Garden of Wisdom (GoW), gardenofwisdom.com

They are made under their own private label. You can assess your needs there pretty easily with their "search" button. Just type your issue in the field. Ex, "puffy eyes," "rosaecea," "droopy eyelids," or whatever. A page will come up with their preparations and you can click each one to see ingredients and reviews. I've been buying from them for 5 years and I trust them. You can also email the owners to ask specific advice. And they offer samples for sale, so you can experiment without breaking the bank.

They offer affordable solutions and the customer service is great. I have learned a lot about skin care on their site. I buy mandellic acid there for pore declogging and sun spot removal. I also love their serums and eye creams.

There's a customer forum there, too, where you can join to discuss your questions with members. I think their products are at least as effective as super pricey department store products (with a much lower price and identical ingredients). You can even email a list of ingredients from a pricey product you like and they will recommend a dupe or make you one.
    inthegarden likes this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I like Curel for my hands and feet. It is one of the few things that does not hurt my sensitive skin.

And Mattrix shampoo appears to help what has been my helpable hair.
    Poppy Fields likes this.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I went to the website. The closest carrier is about 1,000 miles from here as the crow flies. I doubt I'll be going.
    Eventually I'll crack & order some. Probably after PGM35's assesment after a few days or a week. If it works I'll buy out the place so I never run out.
    well I've been using it and can't seem to tell a difference in the puffiness. I think the darkness is definitely reduced. No pics though. I hate my face without makeup so you don't get to see it! LOL plus my phone is not good with colors and shadows so I probably will look worse when trying to look better!

So I guess I'm saying it's working but its not???? I don't know. Maybe I'm not giving it enough time. Maybe I need to keep it colder? I am not keeping it in my fridge like someone above said they were. I will try that for a few days and see if its different.

I learned, long ago, that a problem that didn't develop overnight will not go away overnight. And if you are going to try for pictures, make sure you take them in the same kind of light each time. Outside might be better than indoors in the morning, before things start to get shawdowy....and turn in the right direction!

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    well I've been using it and can't seem to tell a difference in the puffiness. I think the darkness is definitely reduced. No pics though. I hate my face without makeup so you don't get to see it! LOL plus my phone is not good with colors and shadows so I probably will look worse when trying to look better!

So I guess I'm saying it's working but its not???? I don't know. Maybe I'm not giving it enough time. Maybe I need to keep it colder? I am not keeping it in my fridge like someone above said they were. I will try that for a few days and see if its different.
    Thanks for the update. Keep us posted.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post

I would give it a little longer, it doesn't work overnight, or over a week. I kept mine in the fridge, I don't have to now its gotten colder, beside my window is cold enough.
    My girlfriend uses the Garnier roller, that anyone can pick up anywhere, she loves that better than this cream. Each to ther own I guess. Good luck
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread