+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Favorite Comedians (past and present)

Re: Favorite Comedians (past and present)

Mike Birbiglia!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Yeah, Mike is good. I only remember watching one of his routines but part of it stuck with me. He was talking about how rappers say their name after making a statement in their music that's particularly meaningful to them. He said he ought to do that in his comedy routines. After giving the punchline of his jokes, yell out "Mike Birbiglia!". That cracked me up.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

His show "Mike Birbiglia: What I Should Have Said Was Nothing: Tales From My Secret Public Journal" is available to stream on Netflix and I highly recommend it. There is additional footage at the end which was not included in the special he was recording that is also very funny. I especially appreciate the fact that he is hilarious without being crude so I can watch/listen to him when my kids are around! I like Jim Gaffigan for the same reason.

I became familiar with him from his contributions to the public radio show This American Life. I am a public radio junkie, so even my comedy recommendations can be traced back to NPR!

I listen to Raw Dog on Sirius all.the.time and these guys are some of my faves

Jim Gaffigan (hoooottt pockets)
    Craig Shoemaker (The love master )
    Frank Caliendo
    Kathleen Madigan
    Ron White
    Comedian Bob Marley (if you have never heard his bit about cliff diving, then I suggest for your first time, it's not while driving!!!)

Eddie Izzard is one of my all time favorites. I think Dress to Kill is some of the most intelligent comedy ever done. You laugh AND learn. Cake or Death??
    BUT - I think he's gone downhill lately. Either the decision to no longer be an executive transvestite and do his routines dressed normally or his attention to dramatic acting - some spark is no longer there. I saw him a couple years ago live and was not as impressed.

I also like Jeff Dunham and Dane Cook but they are better to watch than listen to.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12