+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: What do you think life is like in Heaven?

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

What do you think life is like in Heaven?

I got to thinking about this one night. I don't personally believe in an afterlife but if there is one, how does it work?

Does everyone see everyone else? If so, how would you find all your friends and family you want to be united with?

What if there's someone there you don't like?

Are your pets there, too, or are they in a separate section of heaven and you can go visit them?

On Earth, people have to eat to stay alive but once your in Heaven you wouldn't have that need. Would people still eat because it's something from their mortal life they enjoy or would they not eat? Is there something different that people live on in the afterworld?

Do people wear clothes in Heaven?

Does everyone eventually get to Heaven? If you pay your penance in Hell can you then move on to Heaven?

What age is a person in Heaven? Do they remain the age they were when they died or do they get to pick an age to spend eternity in? What about people who die as babies? Do they stay that age?

What about babies that die in the womb? Do they go to Heaven or do they not count?

Does everyone speak the same language in Heaven or can they understand each other regardless of the language they speak?

Can someone get tossed out of Heaven if they do something to disgrace themselves there (like get in a fight)?

Is there music, art, sports or movies in Heaven? Are you allowed to drink alcohol there?

Are people from Earth the only inhabitants of Heaven or if there's life on other planets would they be there too or would they have their own separate Heaven?

Are there seasons in Heaven? Night and day? Do people sleep in Heaven or do they stay awake all the time?

Can you meet anyone in Heaven, like if there's a celebrity or a way distant relative of yours you'd like to meet, or are you limited to people you knew in life or just relatives?

Do people have jobs or tasks in Heaven or do they just mill around shooting the breeze through eternity?

Does Heaven have different climates or landscapes, like mountains, oceans, fields, cities or is it all the same?

Are there gods, angels, or other immortal beings in Heaven? Can humans become angels? Is that our purpose for going to Heaven?

Re: What do you think life is like in Heaven?

Wow, great questions! I wish I had answers for you. I really do hope that our pets are there.
    mesachick likes this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Nonexistent.
    Ellen, waywyrd and causingchaos like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I believe that this is the life we have, and that it's heaven or hell or somewhere in the middle depending on a combination of circumstances in our control, circumstances over which we have no control, and our own attitudes. When we die, it's over. And I'm not afraid of that at all.
    causingchaos and KatesMom like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I got to thinking about this one night. I don't personally believe in an afterlife but if there is one, how does it work?
    I never used to believe in an after life, but thanks to working extensively with animal communicators/energy healers who also do past life regression work, I know it's real. It's a series of reincarnations, depending on how much you need to learn. We tend to travel through the ages with the same souls, although we may or may not get along with them.
    Are your pets there, too, or are they in a separate section of heaven and you can go visit them?
    They're there, but they weren't necessarily pets in former lives. My last cat was a dog once but was almost always human. We can reincarnate as any species, sex or race. So our "pets" may be there, if they aren't returned to earth by then. "Rainbow bridge" is generally true.
    On Earth, people have to eat to stay alive but once your in Heaven you wouldn't have that need. Would people still eat because it's something from their mortal life they enjoy or would they not eat? Is there something different that people live on in the afterworld?
    They're pure energy, no need to eat.
    Do people wear clothes in Heaven?
    You appear as you want to appear, and that may be your last earth form or something quite different. Our prior cat, who has not always been a cat, appears as either a cat or sometimes an orb of energy.
    Does everyone eventually get to Heaven? If you pay your penance in Hell can you then move on to Heaven?
    You can be thrown out of heaven and have to relearn lessons on earth.
    What age is a person in Heaven? Do they remain the age they were when they died or do they get to pick an age to spend eternity in? What about people who die as babies? Do they stay that age?
    Our cat died of old age and a cumulation of illnesses we couldn't manage any more. In spirit she's healthy and free.
    What about babies that die in the womb? Do they go to Heaven or do they not count?
    They are souls, briefly in form. They continue on.
    Does everyone speak the same language in Heaven or can they understand each other regardless of the language they speak?
    I think of it as kind of a universal translator. It's really more about telepathy. It's why those with the gift and developed ability (not me) can communicate with any species.
    Can someone get tossed out of Heaven if they do something to disgrace themselves there (like get in a fight)?
    Yup.
    Is there music, art, sports or movies in Heaven? Are you allowed to drink alcohol there?
    I'm not aware those are important to souls, but I only know the experience of a few souls.
    Are people from Earth the only inhabitants of Heaven or if there's life on other planets would they be there too or would they have their own separate Heaven?
    People aren't the only inhabitants. We're all souls regardless of what form we're presently in. Makes me understand we really aren't better than someone or something else, except perhaps to the extent our souls are more evolved.
    Are there seasons in Heaven? Night and day? Do people sleep in Heaven or do they stay awake all the time?
    Souls may need to regenerate energetically before returning for their next life on earth. I don't think it's the same sense of time that we have.
    Can you meet anyone in Heaven, like if there's a celebrity or a way distant relative of yours you'd like to meet, or are you limited to people you knew in life or just relatives?
    No limit.
    Do people have jobs or tasks in Heaven or do they just mill around shooting the breeze through eternity?
    I don't know if everyone has a purpose in the afterlife, but many souls do help those back in earthly form. We do each have guardians.
    Does Heaven have different climates or landscapes, like mountains, oceans, fields, cities or is it all the same?
    There is individualization. The two souls I'm aware of (one being our former cat) each have their own castles and gardens.
    Are there gods, angels, or other immortal beings in Heaven? Can humans become angels? Is that our purpose for going to Heaven?
    There is a creator. There is a hierarchy of angels and you can work your way up, but most of the development will be while here on earth, over a series of lifetimes. I think "heaven", or rather the final afterlife, may be a reward for having developed far enough.

All of this has made me understand that I have a reason for being here, and although it may not be entirely obvious parts of it are to me and I'm seeing less and less coincidence in my life, which is also making me far more satisfied with where I am in life. I'm not religious (I don't pray to anything). My path isn't anyone else's, so I accept that my truths probably aren't either.

A book recommended to me recently, that resonates with what I have learned (except for the lack of animals in the book) is Brian Weiss' "Many Lives Many Masters".
    Last edited by Brooks; 07-05-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    mesachick, inthegarden and Peg like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Well I don't know what I believe, but I know what I'd want. If Heaven does exist I hope it's great.
    law638 likes this.

not being judged
    You can do it!

WOW, Brooks. I really like your idea of heaven!! I do believe there is heaven and hell right here on earth and it is more about how you perceive your life and what you do with what you are given. Someone once gave me an example - imagine 6 people sitting around the table with one arm tied behind their back, food on the table and really large spoons. In one scenario, they are all trying to feed themselves, but they can't because the spoons are too large - this is hell. Same scenario, but now everyone is feeding the person across from them - this is heaven. I liked that.

I do believe in reincarnation and I do like to think there is some afterlife. What that means, I have no idea. I think it is up to each of us to use what we have in this life to learn as much as we can and help each other out. As far as we know, this is the only life that is guaranteed.

I'm no expert, but I tend to think it's like heaven in the movie What Dreams May Come with Robin Williams. The man dies and can't enjoy heaven because his wife isn't there. (That part may not be accurate. lol) Anyway the color, the flowers, water, beauty, etc. is just breathtaking. I highly recommend the movie. Here's a trailer. It's on You Tube is that okay to post?

What Dreams May Come - Trailer - YouTube

If my pets aren't there, then it wouldn't be heaven for me. I miss my four legged family members that have passed a lot.

Supernatural (the show) has an interesting view of heaven which I really like. When you pass you get your own little bit of real estate so to speak. You create what you want in it, surround yourself with whatever makes you happy. I kind of like that thought.
    Coco46 and inthegarden like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast