+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: What do you think life is like in Heaven?

Re: What do you think life is like in Heaven?

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    If my pets aren't there, then it wouldn't be heaven for me. I miss my four legged family members that have passed a lot.

Supernatural (the show) has an interesting view of heaven which I really like. When you pass you get your own little bit of real estate so to speak. You create what you want in it, surround yourself with whatever makes you happy. I kind of like that thought.
    I haven't seen the show Its a nice thought. I wouldnt want to go anywhere where my animals aren't.
    mesachick and Coco46 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I love that thought, too. Be around whoever you want and whatever you want.

Like, if I wanted something, would it just appear? Also could we keep track on what's happening on Earth? And who actually is let into Heaven? I have my doubts on myself.

FORT Newbie

Very difficult to answer. It must be all fun, relaxed over there. Can't be explained.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I love that thought, too. Be around whoever you want and whatever you want.

Like, if I wanted something, would it just appear? Also could we keep track on what's happening on Earth? And who actually is let into Heaven? I have my doubts on myself.
    Those who doubt can't come in, so lose the doubt OTOH , I dont think I am heaven material. No doubt
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I dunno but when I think about it, I like to think that you would get to look back on your life and decide if you're happy with it and the choices you've made. If you have lots of regret or feel somehow unfulfilled in whatever way than you're reincarnated to give it another shot until you feel truly happy with the life you're leaving behind. And when you can look back and find that you wouldn't change a thing, you have reached the peak of your 'enlightenment' and you then revert back into your subconscious to your own heaven. I guess I like to think that it will be exactly as You have pictured/hoped/wished/dreamed it to be, it gives me peace in thinking that while I probably won't go to the big ol' resort of heaven I'll never be disappointed in my own little heaven and the path I've taken to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I got to thinking about this one night. I don't personally believe in an afterlife but if there is one, how does it work?
    I have been waiting to have access to a computer instead of typing my responses from a phone. I really enjoy reading all of the varied responses and I do believe that their is heaven. As for how it works or what it is like. IMO, the only person who really knows that is God, but in answering the questions I have posted what I hope things will be like. I think my answers are a combination of me being a preacher's kid my whole life and merging it with my current feelings.

Does everyone see everyone else? If so, how would you find all your friends and family you want to be united with?
    I believe that ever has the option to see whomever they would like to see in heaven, of the people that are actually there. I believe that everyone can be there if they believe. I believe that I will reunited in the clouds with loved ones that have been passed away when Jesus comes back to take us from this Earth. As for finding someone when I am actually in heaven, I have no clue how that will work, quite frankly I think it is beyond my comprehension to figure it out. I trust God to take care of it. In my mind I think that if I think of person then there they will be. Personally what I am looking forward to is my family being all in the same place and being able to talk to people from the Bible who have inspired me.

What if there's someone there you don't like?
    My faith believes that you will be able to look at books, like books of life, and see why a certain person is in heaven or not in heaven and that you will be able to ask questions & be left with no doubt of why that person is in heaven or not. Now, I am a skeptic when it comes to that as I have one family member and a best friend that were brutally murdered & I don't know how I would react if they were there and wanted to interact with me.

Are your pets there, too, or are they in a separate section of heaven and you can go visit them?
    I remember when I was little someone told me in Sabbath School told me my pets wouldn't be in heaven. As my Dad was the pastor of the church I went to him in tears and he told me that the person was not correct & in all my studies I have never found anything that shows my pets won't be there. Heaven wouldn't be heaven without my dogs and cats, so I choose to believe they will be in heaven and roaming wherever they want to go.

On Earth, people have to eat to stay alive but once your in Heaven you wouldn't have that need. Would people still eat because it's something from their mortal life they enjoy or would they not eat? Is there something different that people live on in the afterworld?
    Who knows? I just hope that in heaven all weight insecurities and personal insecurities are gone and I can just enjoy eating with people without judgement.

Do people wear clothes in Heaven?
    Another one that I am not sure about, I would prefer to be roaming in clothes but since Adam and Eve were initially naked before they first sinned maybe I would be happy roaming around not clothed and unconcerned about it.

Does everyone eventually get to Heaven? If you pay your penance in Hell can you then move on to Heaven?
    I don't believe in hell or penance. I believe that if you want to be in heaven you will be there as it is an unconditional gift from God. If you don't believe in or want to go in heaven, then I believe you will remain dead.

What age is a person in Heaven? Do they remain the age they were when they died or do they get to pick an age to spend eternity in? What about people who die as babies? Do they stay that age?
    I believe that age is a non-issue in heaven as no one will know what age they are & it is one of those things that I don't think matters when you have eternal life. I know that babies that have died will be in heaven, but as to what age they will be or if they will eventually age I have no clue.

What about babies that die in the womb? Do they go to Heaven or do they not count?
    I believe they will be in heaven as they too are God's children.

Does everyone speak the same language in Heaven or can they understand each other regardless of the language they speak?
    I believe that everyone will be able to speak all languages and freely understand an communicate with one another. [/QUOTE]

Can someone get tossed out of Heaven if they do something to disgrace themselves there (like get in a fight)?
    Yes, though I hope that doesn't happen again.

Is there music, art, sports or movies in Heaven? Are you allowed to drink alcohol there?
    I am sure that there is music,art & sports in heaven. One thing I truly look forward to is being able to sing in the heavenly choir and I can't even imagine how it will sound. Once I sang in choir of about 800 people & if it is an eighth as magical of that it will be amazing. Since Jesus drank in the Bible I see no reason why there won't be alcohol in heaven.

Are people from Earth the only inhabitants of Heaven or if there's life on other planets would they be there too or would they have their own separate Heaven?
    I think there will be inhabitants from all different planets from all over the universe in heaven. One heaven for all.

Are there seasons in Heaven? Night and day? Do people sleep in Heaven or do they stay awake all the time?
    I am not sure about seasons, but I believe there is no more night. There is no need for sleep anymore, but I don't know whether people will do it just because they want to.

Can you meet anyone in Heaven, like if there's a celebrity or a way distant relative of yours you'd like to meet, or are you limited to people you knew in life or just relatives?
    You can meet whomever you wan, t as long as they have chosen to be there. I am looking forward to meeting my Grandpa and Auntie Rebecca who died before I was born. I am looking forward to meeting Jesus, Thomas, Esther, Joseph as those are people from the Bible that truly inspired to me.

Do people have jobs or tasks in Heaven or do they just mill around shooting the breeze through eternity?
    I would like to believe that they do as I am very task oriented and can't imagine that I would be happy milling around with no purpose.

Does Heaven have different climates or landscapes, like mountains, oceans, fields, cities or is it all the same?
    When I was younger I was told to imagine heaven being the place that I was happiest on earth & just moving it to a place where there was no more pain and worries. At that time I believe heaven was a big water slide park that I could play around in all day. My favorite description of heaven is actually from CS Lewis in the Chronicles of Narnia. He describes heaven as being familiar to us, that there will be all the mountains, forests, beaches ect, but that everything look bigger and better and much more magical. As to what it looks like, I know what I my church thinks it will look like as I studied the elements in college & we took what was in the Bible and tried to interpret measurements to go along with our measurements now. Who knows if what I learned is true? I believe that heaven is too awesome to describe and that by putting my human limits on it I would doing an injustice.

Are there gods, angels, or other immortal beings in Heaven? Can humans become angels? Is that our purpose for going to Heaven?
    I believe that God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit will be in heaven, as will angels. As humans were initially and still are made in God's image I see no reason that we wouldn't be able to become angels, no idea how it would happen. I think that our purpose for going to heaven is to live with God, our creator, in harmony with all people and creatures.

As for how it all works out in the end or if I am right or even being close to right about anything, I have no clue. I just believe that I have nothing to loose in my beliefs. If it ends up being that when I dead that's it it's not like I'll ever find out or miss out on anything. What I think will happen is that everyone will end up being right about something that they believe in.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Thank you to everyone who has made detailed, thoughtful responses. It's interesting to see what everyone believes and to imagine what it might be like.

I hope that there is a heaven so I can see relatives I've lost and perhaps meet other ones I never got the chance to meet in real life. I'd like to see pets I loved so much in the past and had the heartbreak of losing. Most of all, I'd like to think that there's more to life than our mortal life, that this is just a proving ground to get to a place where we'll be able to make a real difference and come to a better understanding of life. I'd love to be able to watch over future generations of my family and be able to mentally guide them in making difficult decisions. Maybe the experience and guidance of our ancestors is where we get faith and hope in real life.

I love your thoughts Pikachu.

My Dad passed away a few years ago, and I can still hear his voice sometimes, especially when I am at a crossroads. I like to think he's up there watching me and giving me guidance along my path. Of course I sometimes don't listen, just like when he was still here on Earth lol. My family on my Dad's side was amazing - I sure hope I can reunite with them, I miss them a lot.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm no expert, but I tend to think it's like heaven in the movie What Dreams May Come with Robin Williams. The man dies and can't enjoy heaven because his wife isn't there. (That part may not be accurate. lol) Anyway the color, the flowers, water, beauty, etc. is just breathtaking. I highly recommend the movie. Here's a trailer. It's on You Tube is that okay to post?

What Dreams May Come - Trailer - YouTube
    Nice imagination.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Reading some of the above (which was fun, thanks to everyone who contributed!) I was struck by the question of whether or not it will be Nora Ephron's idea of heaven (to take just one non-BIblical person mentioned) to talk to fans for eternity---I could imagine it might become her idea of hell!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast