+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Is there a word or a phrase you use too much?

Re: Is there a word or a phrase you use too much?

I'll try to start using some smiley faces. I'm not sure I know how.

I'm using a smiley face.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I remembered another one I use too much--"just". That's another one that I often have to remove several instances of when typing a letter or posting online. Otherwise it would appear in every other sentence. That's just too much!

I have the opposite problem as PGM. I don't use smiley faces enough and have had people online get seriously PO'd with me when they don't realize I'm kidding or being silly. I have to remind myself to add emoticons if a statement could come across as rude if people don't realize I'm being sarcastic.

Debb they are on the side , so they are always there.

pikachu. I think you have great posts, and you start really interesting threads. I never think of you as rude.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Thank you, Fanny M.! I've learned a lot from past mistakes online and tried not to repeat them here.

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I remembered another one I use too much--"just". That's another one that I often have to remove several instances of when typing a letter or posting online. Otherwise it would appear in every other sentence. That's just too much!

I have the opposite problem as PGM. I don't use smiley faces enough and have had people online get seriously PO'd with me when they don't realize I'm kidding or being silly. I have to remind myself to add emoticons if a statement could come across as rude if people don't realize I'm being sarcastic.
    I worry about that too pikachu. I don't want to offend anyone or hurt their feelings when I respond to their post.

You don't come across as rude to me either. I agree with Fanny Mare, I love to read your post and the topics you come up with. Your topics are very interesting and gives us something new to ponder and chat about.
    Poppy Fields and Eastcoastmom like this.

My favorite is . I probably use it too much, but it makes me happy.
    Count your blessings!

There can never be too much in your life, Gutmutter!

When I first started posting on forums, I used so much, it became kind of my signature smiley. It just looks like a smart-alec like me.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I use the word "actually" far too often. I will type out a paragraph or two, have a quick read through for typos and whatnot, and notice that I've used the word six or seven times in as many sentences. It actually irritates the hell out of me.
    Actually, I do that, too - all the time!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post

Words are really powerful, and they are all we have here. Sometimes they impact with hurt and embarrassment. In threads where debate/discussion is de riguer I try to tread carefully, but sometimes I know from the tone of a reply that I have made someone feel bad or angry. Keeping passion out of posts regarding religion or politics is particularly hard for me and I have learned to be more diplomatic. But it was a steep learning curve.

You, pikachu, post with meticulous courtesy. I've never read a post of yours that wasn't reflective and seeminly heart felt. You don't do abrasive.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast