+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Misconceptions

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    i wouldn't say Orlando is boring... there's way too much going on to be boring- however you have to be able to do it in 99-99 weather (degrees/humidity)... blah...
    i go to Disney once a year- the Disney Marathon- i get my year's fill of disney in one run!!
    funny- you mention Colorado- i saw a job opening in Glenwood Springs this morning... i'd be willing to bet there's a misconception buried somewhere in there??

I guess that was my problem, Quinn--I couldn't handle the humidity... I can handle below zero any day of the week. I haven't even purchased a winter coat since I've been back to Colorado. I guess I just have cold weather in my blood.

Misconception about Glenwood Springs? I have no earthly idea. I just moved here in November--I'm a Montana girl at heart. Florida was just a three-year bad dream...heh heh.

Paulie? MajiH? Wayner? Help the Eskimo out??

Originally posted by Feifer
    Not everyone in Dallas,Texas can give you directions to Southfork Ranch.
    Brilliant.
    Just brilliant
    "That's Numberwang!"

Not everyone in Nashville is an aspiring singer/songwriter. Nor does everyone who lives there know all of the country music stars. I was born and raised in Nashville and am constantly getting asked if I knew Johnny Cash or Garth Brooks etc. Or people asssume that you can play guitar or write songs. THERE ARE REGULAR PEOPLE IN NASHVILLE.

The great Saskatchewan forest does not consist of one tree.

It consists of four.

You can help fix an abdominal hernia by stomach exercise. NO! It can only be fixed with surgery. Straining the stomach muscles will only make it worse. (Walking or swimming is okay--if you think of something else, please let me know).

Princess
    Great thread!
    OK... Misconception 1: "It rains a lot in Seattle" - no it doesn't. In fact, it rains more in Portland and Boston, for example. In Seattle it drizzles a lot though from time to time.
    Misconception 2: "There are polar bears roaming the streets in Sweden". Sorry, no, there are no polar bears in any part of Sweden, Norway, Finland, or the western, northern parts of mainland Russia. (And btw, their fur is not pink from eating strawberries!! True story, someone actaully asked me that! - Not to mention that there are no polar bears in Sweden... )

(Kylie, are you there to tell us the misconceptions about New Yorker's??!)

Speaking of polar bears...their fur is not white! It's yellowish. You can imagine how shocked I was the first time I saw them at the zoo, and thought they had just been rolling around in something....

Originally posted by BravoFan
    Not everyone that lives in Kansas lives (or has even been on) a farm.
    But it's darn hard to prove otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    Not everyone that lives in Kansas lives (or has even been on) a farm.
    Thought I'd revive an old thread.

Not everyone who lives in Montana rides or has ridden a horse and most all of us have indoor plumbing!!

+ Reply to Thread