+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree851Likes

Thread: Whatever Happened To These Posters?

Re: Whatever Happened To These Posters?

I think Qboots told me she was going to have a procedure (I never asked what the nature was) and would be unavailable for awhile. For some reason, I thought she was moving (short term) to an assisted living for recovery. But, then I never heard anything again.

I think of her whenever I go to the Naval NCIS thread she started, and send her a prayer wherever she is. I do miss her. Every detail was always carefully noted.
    When you canít control whatís happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to whatís happening. Thatís where your power is.

BarefootDyke gave me permission to tell you about her thriving business - she makes cookies. She invites anyone who would like, to visit her public Facebook page called Carol's Sweet Sensations. If it's ok to post the link, here it is: https://www.facebook.com/CarolsSweetSensations
    waywyrd and ArchieComic Fan like this.
    Count your blessings!

I had wondered about BarefootDyke. Glad to see she is doing good. I took a look at her cookies. WOW! They are gorgeous! And then to read about her disability. WOW! Thanks Gutmutter.

I was wondering about KatesMom. How is she doing?
    Gutmutter likes this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    I had wondered about BarefootDyke. Glad to see she is doing good. I took a look at her cookies. WOW! They are gorgeous! And then to read about her disability. WOW! Thanks Gutmutter.

I was wondering about KatesMom. How is she doing?
    I saw her post a few weeks ago, or maybe it was last week. She was on the board though.
    inthegarden likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    You're welcome! Aren't her cookies incredible? She started doing it to raise money for an adult tricycle to increase her mobility and it really took off quickly! I'm always shooting her crazy cookie ideas.
    Count your blessings!

CCL

Those cookies are so pretty. Good for her.
    Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

I lurked for a long time before I became more active, and I disappear for periods as well, mainly coming into the show threads to discuss some big plot twist or other, but some early names stood out to me because they were unique, or they posted regularly, so their absence was felt when they stopped posting. I remember how Qboots had a phenomenal memory in the Lost thread and really kept things organized, because as fans of the show know, things could get really confusing if you didn't pay attention. When she didn't come back to discuss the later seasons I felt, well, lost. And then UnkScott, and his close relationship with his sweet grandson Zach who passed from cancer. I feel like we all mourned with him. Broadway always had some sage advice. Lois Lane was a voice of reason and I enjoyed her posts. I liked hearing about Rosie, Bogie and Waldo from Myrosiedog (later just MRD). And even though JustPaul (formerly gabriel) is back for a bit, he disappeared for a while too and I noticed (who can forget Mona and Joey?!). Newf would talk about his dogs and his piano accomplishments. There was Lambikins and Muddah, their names were unique. Oh yes, and Miss Kitty, she was a lot of fun. Other posters lost children or other close family and I'm sure their routines and lives changed so it's not surprising they stopped posting. I don't post a lot, and I'm terrible at going to the birthday thread, but I feel like I know many of you even though I lurk mostly, and when you don't post for a while, or at all any longer, it doesn't go unnoticed
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 03-19-2015 at 09:11 PM.
    Amy Lee, Cootie and inthegarden like this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

ACF - several of the ones you mentioned (and others) have turned to Facebook for their social media. That's where I keep up with them. There was even a FoRT group there at one point. I don't know if it still exists because there was a poster here that was allowed to join that I didn't want to have my personal info, so I deleted all my posts and asked to be taken off the roster.
    ArchieComic Fan likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    ACF - several of the ones you mentioned (and others) have turned to Facebook for their social media. That's where I keep up with them. There was even a FoRT group there at one point. I don't know if it still exists because there was a poster here that was allowed to join that I didn't want to have my personal info, so I deleted all my posts and asked to be taken off the roster.
    The group does exist yet, but hasn't had a comment since March of 2014.
    Gutmutter likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -
    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

https://www.facebook.com/paul.bischoff.12

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

The forum I was on before the FoRT folded up because everyone went to a Facebook group. Unfortunately, they discussed show spoilers in the group and there was no way to hide them. The only option was to scroll past spoilers and try not to see them but that didn't work for me so I left the group.

I made the FoRT Facebook group not to replace this forum but just so that members who play games on Facebook and want to add more friends to the game but don't want to add complete strangers can add people they know here. Plus, if this site is ever down, we can let people know there and have conversations there until the site is back up.

I dropped JohnnyK as a friend so he's not in the Facebook group anymore.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Whoís Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

+ Reply to Thread