+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445 LastLast
Like Tree819Likes

Thread: Whatever Happened To These Posters?

Re: Whatever Happened To These Posters?

What would we do without you, Lynda?
    Blow a kiss, fire a gun, we need someone to lean on

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    Didn't we have a thread where we shared our social network names? I was looking for it tonight.
    I don't rmeember any. IF you are comfortable putting it out on a public forum, use the Kaffe Klatch thread.

Otherwise, I would PM those posters you would like to share with.

There are different chat formats in your personal set up information, but I don't know if they ask for disclosure of chat names.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I don't do any 'social networks'. Only come here. I had arranged for my husband to notify my family here of my unfortunate demise when appropriate. Alas, that won't work anymore.

In my case a big hint would be if I didn't show up here for more than a day or three. It's a daily habit. Or if I missed my contribution to Cootie's Happy Birthday thread twice in a row. There then, it should be apparent, I'm dead as a doornail. Alas.

I still hope to find my way to puzzled queries in this thread after my lamentable passing.

Just tell those posters who were not paying attention here, "Sadly, she's dead as a doornail!"
    First of all, stop talking like this! And second of all, give my email to your grandson so in 50/60 years, he can let me know you died in your sleep.

2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    ".......I had arranged for my husband to notify my family here of my unfortunate demise ...."
    Same here. Punkin. Brandon doesn't know it yet, but should I pass away and he is going through my stuff, he'll find written instructions on how to say 'Good-bye' for me on the social sites I visit. You get used to talking with people over the years and you're right, it feels like family and so I don't want to disappear and have anyone wonder whatever happened. And so -- I have an "In The Event Of My Death" type journal that Brandon doesn't know about where I listed website links along with my usernames and passwords so he could log in as me rather than have to create an account, wait 5 days to be verified and all that jazz.

I also left personal messages that I would want for him to send privately to specific people in addition to the overall "Hi, you don't know me. My name is Brandon and I came here to let you know...." kind of message I want him to post to everyone. I even listed the name of the threads on each site where he should post my message. For FORT, it's this thread here because it seems to make the most sense. Since Brandon's not familiar with FORT and I know he already wouldn't be thinking very clearly if I had just died, I wanted to make it as easy as possible by letting him know exactly where to post to stay on topic.
    Punkin and inthegarden like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    What would we do without you, Lynda?
    Awwww, thanks Rosie!!
    Lynda

I have to say, I hate getting notifications for this thread because it's usually not good news
    Blow a kiss, fire a gun, we need someone to lean on

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    I have to say, I hate getting notifications for this thread because it's usually not good news
    I dread it. I see there is a new post, and I brace myself.
    Amy Lee likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JosephD View Post
    I also left personal messages that I would want for him to send privately to specific people in addition to the overall "Hi, you don't know me. My name is Brandon and I came here to let you know...." kind of message I want him to post to everyone. I even listed the name of the threads on each site where he should post my message. For FORT, it's this thread here because it seems to make the most sense. Since Brandon's not familiar with FORT and I know he already wouldn't be thinking very clearly if I had just died, I wanted to make it as easy as possible by letting him know exactly where to post to stay on topic.
    Actually the best thread would be the Member Announcements thread. It's stickied so it's easy to find.
    FoRT Member Announcements (Births, Deaths, Marriages, Divorces, etc.)
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    Didn't we have a thread where we shared our social network names? I was looking for it tonight.
    FB: Paul G Bischoff https://www.facebook.com/paul.bischoff.12
    redsox girl likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -
    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

https://www.facebook.com/paul.bischoff.12

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Still NO SIGN of DEBB or MAVENO or NESS?

I miss those THREE!!!
    I still wonder where ness has been.
    Punkin likes this.
    "Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen." ~ Orhan Pamuk

+ Reply to Thread