+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Like Tree849Likes

Thread: Whatever Happened To These Posters?

Re: Whatever Happened To These Posters?

This is always a depressing thread. I had planned to have my husband come here to announce my ultimately untimely death, but he got sick first, so I can't count on him. What to do? Uncle David sort of warned us with a hint he wasn't well. And thankfully Paul got the message on FB from his sisters and let us know. I really care about so many people here. But a whole bunch of us are gaining in age, and maybe don't FB. It's the not knowing.

So if I don't show up every day, you can assume I have had an ultimately untimely death and am watching you all from somewhere beyond. Please try to behave, lest I haunt the mods.

But not yet. Feeling pretty good today, for my age anyway.
    Lynda

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Gosh, I miss Ness and her colorful posts. I do hope she is alright.

DH is not as computer literate as I. So, there won't be any notices from him. I do have friends here who have my email and mobile number, so it will be up to them. Hopefully not for a long time.

I think Debb is probably fine. She just had a birthday. Hope she is just busy and will pop in soon.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I'm hoping she is busy as well. Debb that is. Hubby wouldn't know what to do on here, or FB either.I'm not planning on going anywhere, but one doesn't have to plan , stuff happens.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

I am OCD on preparations. I have a binder in my desk called "Just In Case." It summarizes all my insurance, has a copy of my will, etc. There is a section called "Notifications." Yep, FoRT is on there.

FoRTers are not digital typed comments to me. You are friends. Friends who would want to know.

Seriously . . . in case you don't know it . . . I love you guys! (Okay, I admit my emotions are a little raw right now due to a personal situation I'm dealing with, but I MEAN THAT.)
    Punkin, Amy Lee, beerbelly and 7 others like this.
    I'm Paula.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm not too worried about Debb yet because she hasn't been gone that long but I am really concerned about Florimel and ness. They used to be regulars around here so it's not like them to stay away so long without contacting someone.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

ITA Punkin, I do not like this thread either. Its here because we are missing our FoRT friends. COME BACK COME BACK

My hubby has no clue about FoRT or any of the millions of Disney forums I am on .... so if for some reason I may be absent for an extended period of time ...
    I know AZ and PIK are friends with me on FB and through there, I am sure they will have an idea what is going on with me.

BUT I wish we all had some pact to let each other know if there is indeed something that came up in our lives that is keeping one of us from posting here.

AZ, your post is so sweet. ((hugs)) Mwah.
    KAREN

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I am OCD on preparations. I have a binder in my desk called "Just In Case." It summarizes all my insurance, has a copy of my will, etc. There is a section called "Notifications." Yep, FoRT is on there.

FoRTers are not digital typed comments to me. You are friends. Friends who would want to know.

Seriously . . . in case you don't know it . . . I love you guys! (Okay, I admit my emotions are a little raw right now due to a personal situation I'm dealing with, but I MEAN THAT.)
    AZ!

It's funny but a little over 2 1/2 years ago as I was anticipating total knee replacement surgery, I got a case of the 'what ifs'...what if I didn't make it, etc. I sent my older son an email telling him I wanted him to have this diamond necklace I had in case he ever got around to proposing to his girlfriend. I also told him that I hoped he didn't mind but my engagement ring was to go to his younger brother. It's value is more than the stone in the necklace but my older son is much better off financially than our younger son, who still lives at home. Bear in mind the younger one didn't even have a girlfriend at that time but I wanted to make sure he knew who was to get what.

Also when we were visiting him in Austin last April I got around to telling him about our bank accounts and policies and what not, just in case our plane crashed. IDK why I felt it was necessary at that time, but in both cases he just laughed it off and said we weren't going anywhere and not to worry.

I'm not as organized as you, AZ, but you've given me food for thought as far as notifications go.
    Punkin, momrek06 and AZChristian like this.

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

I was missing from this site for months. No one noticed lol I'm pretty sure I don't need to update.
    Lucynda likes this.
    Well, I won't back down/No I won't back down/You can stand me up at the gates of hell/But I won't back down
    No I'll stand my ground//And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down/Gonna stand my ground/Well I know what's right/I got just one life/In a world that keeps on pushin' me around/But I'll stand my ground/And I won't back down-Tom Petty

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    I was missing from this site for months. No one noticed lol I'm pretty sure I don't need to update.
    I swear at one point I vanished for a couple years too. It wasn't anything other than I had too much in my life going on.
    redsox girl likes this.

I have done the same. That is a great idea AZ, that will be my next project, a "just in case" book!
    PGM35 and AZChristian like this.
    "Alot of people when they listen, they don't listen. They hear but they don't listen to what the person is saying. " Boston Rob (Mariano)
    Thanks pikachu for the avatar!

+ Reply to Thread