+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Whatever Happened To These Posters?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Whatever Happened To These Posters?

Why did the recaps stop? They were the reason I got hooked on FORT as well. Could they not find recappers any more?

I took a break because (1) needed and most importantly (2) a friend of mine scared the heck out of me that I'd posted some links that weren't "safe for me to post." So I deleted my email, cancelled my account and waited a while. I was going to wait until the next election, but he laughed and told me (this guy is a recently retired counter......ism guy, all the way to the whimc cab*n) that "sh!t, everything you've ever posted is accessible, no use hiding it now! Idiot." So what's done is done. We'll let the future unfold as it will.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I took a break because (1) needed and most importantly (2) a friend of mine scared the heck out of me that I'd posted some links that weren't "safe for me to post." So I deleted my email, cancelled my account and waited a while. I was going to wait until the next election, but he laughed and told me (this guy is a recently retired counter......ism guy, all the way to the whimc cab*n) that "sh!t, everything you've ever posted is accessible, no use hiding it now! Idiot." So what's done is done. We'll let the future unfold as it will.
    I thought you were coming back after Colton left- did you watch survivor???

I hope things are sorted out
    SugarMama likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I thought you were coming back after Colton left- did you watch survivor???

I hope things are sorted out
    I DID end up watching Survivor, and it was sooo hard resisting posting here. It really too a lot of effort. And I appreciate llewro erg&eJ more than ever!!!!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I lurked here for, like, years before I registered. I wonder what happened to John the Admin? And does anyone remember Eny? I loved, loved Snowflakegirl and Silverstar. What about Pomeraniac and Marleybone and Astrogirl (I think that was her name)? I used to laugh at them and I totally depended Hepcat's Big Brother recaps and postings. I probably miss those most. Now I go to other forums for my BB updates but they aren't the same because the language is awful. sigh

I slowed down (virtually stopped) when I had to take a second job to help make ends meet. Somewhere along the line, I fell in love which took more of my time. When my finacee passed away, I stopped giving a damn about anything.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder View Post
    I slowed down (virtually stopped) when I had to take a second job to help make ends meet. Somewhere along the line, I fell in love which took more of my time. When my finacee passed away, I stopped giving a damn about anything.
    Newf, it is good to see you back. I am so sorry for all your sadness and hardship. I hope you stop by more often, maybe we can help cheer you up?
    cablejockey likes this.

I hadn't heard you lost your fiancee. I'm so, so sorry.
    Count your blessings!

Newf, I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Newf, I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast