+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Favorite Things

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Favorite Things

List your favorites in the categories below and briefly describe why it's your favorite. Feel free to add categories of your own!

What is your favorite:

Bird?

Tree?

Flower?

Animal?

Type of pet (whether you own one or not)?

Season/Month of the year?

Holiday?

My favorites

Bird: I love so many types but without thinking about it too hard, my favorite that always comes to mind is the robin. I find the cold, short days of winter to be very depressing and one of the things that makes me happiest is looking outside one day and seeing cute little robins hopping around the lawn. It lets me know that winter is over and spring is here! Sometimes there are so many of them, the yard looks red from the coloring on their chest.

Tree: I've always had a love of willow trees. They look so beautiful with their branches draping down and their long, thin leaves fluttering in the breeze.

Flower: Carnations are the flower of the month I was born (January) and also happen to be one of my favorite flowers. I like the shape of them and all the colorful varieties they come in.

Animal: Tigers have been my favorite animal as back as I can remember. I like cats in general and the tiger just appeals to me the most of the big cats. I read on the internet that tigers could possibly become extinct within the next 10 or 12 years and that made me really sad. Conservation efforts are underway to keep that from happening and I hope they'll be successful.

Type of pet (whether you own one or not): I'm a cat-lover. Couldn't imagine not having a cat in my home! I worry about ending up in a nursing home when I get too old to care for myself and not being allowed to have a kitty cat. I think if that ever happened, I'd rather live at home with someone else to help me out so I could still have a cat.

Season/Month of the year: Fall is my favorite time of the year. There are so many holidays, events to look forward to (like the fair), the weather is nice (not too hot, not too cold, not too rainy), and the trees look so pretty with their colorful leaves. Plus, my favorite holiday is in the fall.

Holiday: Halloween! I love everything about it--decorating the house, carving jack-o-lanterns, dressing up, taking kids trick-or-treating or having a Halloween party, scary movie marathons, visiting a haunted house. Easter is a close second for favorite holiday.
    Poppy Fields and Eastcoastmom like this.

Re: Favorite Things

Bird - Red Cardinal

Tree - Magnolia tree

Flower - Love the Peony. Little or no care, and they smell as nice as a rose.

Animal - Man's best friend, the dog.

Type of Pet - Dogs

Season/Month of the year - Summer is my favorite season of all.

Holiday - Christmas. It's a magical wonderful most meaningful holiday, for me. Everything at Christmas time is beautiful.
    Baby's Breath likes this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Bird- Robin

Tree- Redbud or Dogwood

Flower- Peony.......my mom had a beautiful one in her flower bed

Animal- Chimpanzee

Type of Pet- Dog.......just got a long hair chihuahua and he is so sweet

Season/Month
    - Spring......everything is blooming out and it is so pretty

Holiday- Christmas
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    Bird - Red Cardinal

Tree - Magnolia tree

Flower - Love the Peony. Little or no care, and they smell as nice as a rose.

Animal - Man's best friend, the dog.

Type of Pet - Dogs

Season/Month of the year - Summer is my favorite season of all.

Holiday - Christmas. It's a magical wonderful most meaningful holiday, for me. Everything at Christmas time is beautiful.
    Wow, angelic, you saved me the trouble of posting my faves b/c all your faves are mine with the exception of summer. I probably like autumn the best of all the month as I don't do well in extreme heat. Spring is nice too.

Well, somebody's got to say it...........

Raindrops on roses and
    Whiskers on kittens
    Bright copper kettles and
    Warm wollen mittens
    Brown paper packages tied up in strings
    These are a few of my favorite things.
    Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
    Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
    Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
    These are a few of my favorite things
    Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
    Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
    Silver white winters that melt into springs
    These are a few of my favorite things
    PGM35 likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Bird -Bluebird - I love their color. Swallow- I know spring has officially arrived when I see them. . I enjoy watching both birds hunt for insects in the open fields. Their flying skill fascinates me. How they can accurately swoop down, dodge objects (me on the mower )and catch insects on the fly. While I'm walking, they will land on the fence that border the hayfields and as soon as I get close they fly off only to land a few sections down, then repeat the process again and again. The swallows have built a nest that I can watch from a window. They arrive around the same date every year and raise two batches of babies and leave at the same time.

Tree- Live Oak - Majestic, beautiful and long lived. I would love to know the history that those trees have experienced.

Flower- Nightblooming Cereus - It is classified as a cactus and only blooms at night. The big white blooms just appear one day and quickly open during the night , closing at daybreak. If you are lucky enough to be near one when it blooms, the fragrance is wonderful.

Animal- Cow- they have taught me alot.

Type of Pet- My answer has to be both a cat and a dog-I've never had a better friend.

Season/ Month of the year Spring - renewal and hope

Holiday- Thanksgiving- A time to be grateful for everything. A time when families can get together and enjoy visiting.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    Bird -Bluebird - I love their color. Swallow- I know spring has officially arrived when I see them. . I enjoy watching both birds hunt for insects in the open fields. Their flying skill fascinates me. How they can accurately swoop down, dodge objects (me on the mower )and catch insects on the fly. While I'm walking, they will land on the fence that border the hayfields and as soon as I get close they fly off only to land a few sections down, then repeat the process again and again. The swallows have built a nest that I can watch from a window. They arrive around the same date every year and raise two batches of babies and leave at the same time.

Tree- Live Oak - Majestic, beautiful and long lived. I would love to know the history that those trees have experienced.

Flower- Nightblooming Cereus - It is classified as a cactus and only blooms at night. The big white blooms just appear one day and quickly open during the night , closing at daybreak. If you are lucky enough to be near one when it blooms, the fragrance is wonderful.

Animal- Cow- they have taught me alot.

Type of Pet- My answer has to be both a cat and a dog-I've never had a better friend.

Season/ Month of the year Spring - renewal and hope

Holiday- Thanksgiving- A time to be grateful for everything. A time when families can get together and enjoy visiting.
    I LOVE this post, Inthegarden! You have a nice way of expressing yourself and I feel like you just gave me a little bit of insight into who you are.
    inthegarden and Baby's Breath like this.

List your favorites in the categories below and briefly describe why it's your favorite. Feel free to add categories of your own!

What is your favorite:

Bird? Eagle - I just find them so majestic & powerful. Normally I see them when I am with my family out in nature in Oregon. Watching them fly takes my breath away.

Tree? Jacaranda - I moved around every 4 years to different countries when I was a kiddo and this tree, to me, became a symbol of home. If I ever have a house one will be in my yard.

Flower? I love bluebells. When I went back home to England for college there was a bluebell forest fairly close to the school.

Animal? Zebra has always been my fav...though I have no clue where that started.

Type of pet (whether you own one or not)? We had lots of dogs and cats growing up. I am more a dog person as I am very allergic to cats.

Season/Month of the year? Winter/December - As it is the one month of the year that I get to spend quality time with my family.

Holiday? Spring Break aka nephews birthdays
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I love zebras, too! They have such pretty markings and they're so cute. They look more like a horse than a donkey to me so when I hear one braying, it cracks me up.

I love zebras too but I absolutely love minature donkeys. I would love to have a pasture full of them.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast