+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Favorite Things

Re: Favorite Things

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie View Post
    Bird? Crow. They really are intelligent, beautiful birds. And I think it's sad how so many people dislike them because of "bad luck".
    I really had a hard time picking my favourite bird. I went with Great Blue Heron over crow simply because I see them less often and they are quite majestic, but if sightings were on par, I would have gone with the crow. One particularly funny crow story (funny to me, anyway) - a few years ago we had a cat who was, shall we say, a few kibbles shy of a bowl who took on a crow in the neighbour's yard. I watched Lepo run up a tree to have a go at the crow who was cawing at him. As Lepo ran up one branch, the crow would hop to the other branch. Lepo would run down his branch, the crow would hop over to the original branch. Back and forth, back and forth, I watching this for an hour. Lepo finally gave up and started walking back to the house. The crow flew down to the base of the tree and started cawing at Lepo with all the lung power at his disposal. Lepo turned, ran back at the crow, the crow flew up into the tree, Lepo climbed the tree, and the whole thing started all over again. I don't know how long it went on for this time because I couldn't waste my entire day in the yard watching my cat be an idiot.

A year or so later we got Harvey, the smartest cat who ever lived. I saw this same process start with possibly the same crow. Harvey went up one branch, up the other, saw where this was going, and went inside to take a nap.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by just1paul View Post
    raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
    bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
    brown paper packages tied up with strings
    these are a few of my favorite things

cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
    doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
    wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
    these are a few of my favorite things

girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
    snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
    silver white winters that melt into springs
    these are a few of my favorite things.

When the dog bites
    when the bee stings
    when i'm feeling sad
    i simply remember my favorite things
    and then i don't feel so bad
    perfect!
    just1paul likes this.
    You can do it!

FORT Newbie

Type of Pet - Cats
    Season/Month of the year - Winters
    Holiday- Mauritius
    Flower- Roses
    Bird- Kingfisher

What is your favorite:

Bird A budgie I had one that could recite anything we said . He was awesome.

Tree: A big oak tree we planted after my dad passed. I can sit under it and read. Or sit and remember him.

Flower: Tulips.

Animal: I love all animals, sometimes a lot more than people. I will have to go with mans best friend Dog.

Type of pet Dog. Without a doubt it's been my dogs .Through my years I have rescued a number of them, and they have left this earth knowing I loved them

Season/Month of the year. Summer. I wish it were Summer all year around.

Holiday. July 1st. My eldest son was born on that day.
    inthegarden likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I really had a hard time picking my favourite bird. I went with Great Blue Heron over crow simply because I see them less often and they are quite majestic, but if sightings were on par, I would have gone with the crow. One particularly funny crow story (funny to me, anyway) - a few years ago we had a cat who was, shall we say, a few kibbles shy of a bowl who took on a crow in the neighbour's yard. I watched Lepo run up a tree to have a go at the crow who was cawing at him. As Lepo ran up one branch, the crow would hop to the other branch. Lepo would run down his branch, the crow would hop over to the original branch. Back and forth, back and forth, I watching this for an hour. Lepo finally gave up and started walking back to the house. The crow flew down to the base of the tree and started cawing at Lepo with all the lung power at his disposal. Lepo turned, ran back at the crow, the crow flew up into the tree, Lepo climbed the tree, and the whole thing started all over again. I don't know how long it went on for this time because I couldn't waste my entire day in the yard watching my cat be an idiot.

A year or so later we got Harvey, the smartest cat who ever lived. I saw this same process start with possibly the same crow. Harvey went up one branch, up the other, saw where this was going, and went inside to take a nap.

Haha! What a cute, funny and sad story, all at the same time. Thanks for sharing.
    ~Supernatural Addict~

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post

Animal: I love all animals, sometimes a lot more than people. I will have to go with mans best friend Dog.

I understand this statement and agree!
    Fanny Mare and Peg like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123