+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Favorite Things

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Favorite Things

Bird - Mockingbirds! They sing different songs for hours on end without repeating one, and they lift my spirits.

Tree - A tie between Weeping Cherry and Chinese Maple. Long ago, I planted one of each and watched them mature over the next 20 years. One of The hardest parts about selling our home was leaving them.

Flower - Daylillies! So many varieties, in all their riotous joy. They make me smile whenever I see them bodering someone's property.

Animal - Giraffe. I love their slender, stalky, elegance and grace. Not to mention the eyelashes.

Type of Pet - Cat. Soon it will be year since we had to put Carly down. I miss her. I still see her sometimes in the corner of my eye on her favorite perches. We've always had cats with us over the decades of our marriage but we haven't yet been able to give our hearts to another one.

Season/ Month of the year - Autumn with an Indian Summer lasting till October

Holiday - Thanksgiving. Food and family - the best present of all.
    inthegarden likes this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Bird? Great blue heron

Tree? Birch

Flower? Tiger lily

Animal? If we're talking wild animals, it would be a tie between squirrels and raccoons

Type of pet (whether you own one or not)? Cats

Season/Month of the year? Spring

Holiday? Christmas, but only because it's the holiday with the most time off of work. Otherwise it means nothing to me.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

What is your favorite:

Bird? I like the pigeon.

Tree? Don't have one.

Flower? Don't have one.

Animal? I like dogs and birds the best.

Type of pet (whether you own one or not)? Dogs, I guess.

Season/Month of the year? Winter for season. Maybe December for month, or September as that's when reality shows often start up again

Holiday? Christmas, I suppose.

These are good. You know those long question things they have on Myspace and stuff? Can we do those too?

FORT Fogey

Bird? Whichever one is singing outside my window.

Tree? Whichever one gives me shade when I need it.

Flower? Whichever one is currently blooming in my garden.

Animal? Giraffes are cool.

Type of pet? My beloved, departed dog. He was my boy.

Season/Month of the Year? Spring, when everything comes back to life.

Holiday? 4th of July. No shopping required, just good friends getting together to have fun.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Bird - Blue Jays

Tree - Pink & White Flowering Crabapples

Flower - Lilacs

Animal - Fireflies, Butterflies & Stick Bugs

Type of Pet - Holland Lop Bunnies, watching them wash their face is the most adorable thing I've ever seen an animal do.

Season/Month of the year - Summer, hands down / July & August, I love the longer days and the warmth of the sun.

Holiday - The Fourth of July, family picnics, camping and fireworks. I used to love Christmas, especially with small children, but it has gotten too commercial for my liking. I hope someday things will go back to the way they were, then I could have a favorite holiday every six months.

Bird - Cockatiel

Tree - trees in fruit

Flower rose

Animal - turtles!!!

[B]Type of Pet [/B shin tzu; pekingese; cockatiel; parakeets; English budgie

Season/Month of the year - Summer

Holiday - Christmas..I never put up trees all the years I lived by myself. But since I have gotten marriedit has become my "for me"thing
    You can do it!

Bird - Polish Chickens, I have a small flock of them and they are so entertaining. I can chatter with them and they like to be held for petting and treats. Not to mention, they are so comical looking, you just have to smile and chuckle when you see them.

Tree - Birch, not the heartiest of varieties, but so pretty with the white bark.

Flower - Violets, just always loved the deep purple color and heart shaped leaves. So glad we have them growing wild on our property! I hadn't seen white violets before we moved here and they are pretty too.

Animal - Panda Bears, so cute and cuddly.

Type of Pet - Cat. Though I finally have a dog and she is stealing my heart, I will be a cat person forever. My favorite was Bear, a feral stray that I finally tamed after a year or more of trying to win him over. I was so glad that his last 6 months he got to enjoy being loved on & spoiled and not running around fighting and getting cut up all the time.

Season/ Month of the year - I don't have a favorite. It seems like each season is my favorite as I experience it. I am one of those odd folks that really love and enjoy snow even.

Holiday - Memorial Day. It's a great weekend. Our schools usually have graduation that Saturday, the Indy 500 on Sunday, and a flag raising ceremony with hand-cranked ice cream at noon in our tiny town park on Monday celebrating all things patriotic. It seems like one holiday that hasn't gotten commercial or is full of expectations. It's still about family, fun & community around here.

Bird? Crow. They really are intelligent, beautiful birds. And I think it's sad how so many people dislike them because of "bad luck".

Tree? Weeping willow. They are somewhat mysterious looking, and I like that.

Flower? Yikes. I don't know much about flowers! I like roses very much though.

Animal? Lion. The are just so majestic, powerful and beautiful. I have loved them all my life.

Type of pet (whether you own one or not)? Dog. I have 2, and I just love them so much!

Season/Month of the year? Hmmm, this is a tough one. But I guess I'll go with Fall.

Holiday? Christmas. I love to give more than receive. Everything about Christmas is enjoyable, and it seems to bring out the best in people.
    ~Supernatural Addict~

Bird? Cardinal. They're big, red, have a unique shaped head & have an attitude.

Tree? Weeping willow. The older & weepier the better.

Flower? I just like colorful flowers. Any kind. They seem so cheerful.

Animal? There are so many wonderful animals, I can't pick just 1.

Type of pet (whether you own one or not)? Cat. No question. They're self-cleaning, independent & great company.

Season/Month of the year? Summer. Once again, no question. I like warm. I like sun. I like long days. I'm just happy in the Summer. I think I'm one of those light-sensitive people.

Holiday? Christmas. I love Christmas Carols, the classic religious ones. I love the lights & all other Christmas decorations. I love the tree. I love the happy memories it all brings. The gift thing, I could take or leave.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
    Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
    Brown paper packages tied up with strings
    These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
    Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
    Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
    Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
    Silver white winters that melt into springs

When the dog bites
    When the bee stings
    When I'm feeling sad
    I simply remember my favorite things
    And then I don't feel so bad
    Hyper and Lizard like this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast