+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By pikachu
  • 2 Post By pikachu

Thread: Rainbow sightings

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Rainbow sightings

I just saw a rainbow last night when I went out to get something for supper and it made me so happy! The last time I remember seeing a rainbow was when my parents still lived in town. That was over 5 years ago. Seeing this one made me remember previous rainbows I've seen. What are some of your most memorable rainbow sightings?

One time while heading to the Florida Keys for our annual family vacation, we saw a rainbow in the Homestead area. A field was being watered and the sprinkler created a rainbow so vivid, I felt like I could have gotten out of the car and leaned on it like a wall.

Another time, my mom, sister and I saw a triple rainbow! We were at the beach admiring a brilliant rainbow that had faint rainbow over it and while looking at it, we noticed a third rainbow, barely visible, over those two.

I've also had the unique experience of driving through a rainbow on the interstate. One morning our family was in the car and we could see a rainbow pretty nearby. It got larger and larger as we approached and I thought once we got to it, the illusion would shatter and it would disappear, but it didn't. For a few minutes, the interior of the car was lit up with the colors and I even had rainbow patterns on my arms when I looked down at them.

I never seem to have a camera with me when I see a rainbow because the sightings are so few and far between. It's too bad because I wish I had a picture of the triple rainbow on the beach. It was really cool!
    lopevian likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Rainbow sightings

I saw an inverted rainbow when I went on my afternoon break today. I didn't have my camera with me so I looked up pictures online and found one similar to what I saw.

I also found out that they're called a circumzenithal arc and they're rarely noticed. I was lucky I went to break when I did because I was going to take another look before going back to my desk and when I got back to where I had seen it, I couldn't see it anymore.

Haha, the last time I reported seeing a rainbow was also in March--three years ago!
    Punkin and jaytwo like this.
    Current Pools: DWTS 20, Face Off 8, Survivor 30, The Amazing Race 26, The Voice 8
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2015: The FORT's Amazing Spreadsheet Wizard & Avatar Artist

Re: Rainbow sightings

Rainbows make me happy, too! We have a lake view home so we see them quite often but before moving here my most memorable one occurred just before I went into labor for my first born. It felt like a sign.

My husband's most memorable rainbow is still up for debate. He swears that he drove through a rainbow on the lake road.
    ~ FORT's Breath of Fresh Air ~
    MReid says I am sweeter than cotton candy!

+ Reply to Thread